Levinson System-no sound from front woofer only (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Okay, so I tried searching, but couldnt even figure the right terms to get close to my problem let alone a solution.

What I have:
2005 GX470 with the Levinson System

What I have done:
Swapped the system for the Teyes CC3
Re-coned both front woofer

Before I ever did the Teyes swap I had no sound from driver's side woofer and messed up sound from passengers side woofer. I had sound from all the tweeters and mid-ranges. I took the door cards off and found the passenger side has rotten surrounds and the drivers side had 0 surround, so I replaced the surrounds. The passenger side works great but still no sound from the driver's side woofer.

I decided to check on the amplifier, when looking under the passenger side, to my surprise all I have are wires and no amp (the wiring looks like it is for the 86280-0W490 amp). So I check under the driver's side and I have what looks like the 86280-0w141 amp plugged in.

So I guess my question is, how does the sound signal come out? Is the crossover built into the amp? I have seen mentions of an in-line crossover, but cant seem to actually find it, is it built into the amp? I assume it would be a problem with wiring from the crossover location to the woofer as the midrange and tweeter both have sound...Do all gx470 have harnesses for both amps? Can I replace one amp with the other?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom