lets talk awnings (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
What type of awnings are you guys using? what has been your experience pro, cons, comments etc?

particular to our summer heat are you guys getting a lot of use out of them? are they worthless if the sun isn't high in the sky? I'm considering adding one to my 100 series, possibly with the w=ind break feature... basically a single wall. how is your's standing up to the Arizona heat? any fading or UV deterioration? finally are the noisy while at highway speeds?

I've had the ARB for 5-6 years...no issues at all...and can't say that I can distinguish any noise from it not already present from the roof rack. In fact the only noise I noticed post install was the clinking of the 2 zippers together in the wind. Just separated them a bit and it's fine.

Also, I was looking to upgrade to a Fox Wing a few years back. Purchased it and it's been sitting idle in my garage. Let me know if you're interested.

I have an ARB 2500X2500 and 2000x2500. The 25x25 is very long but really better for coverage. They get a huge amount of use in this desert. Immediate shade where none existed before, allowing for pit stops etc that are relaxing if no natural shade available. Position of the vehicle in relation to the sun, plus the awning allows for excellent coverage, regardless of time of day.

One is about 10yrs old and in fine shape exterior casewise as it never comes off. I bought local at Sierra Exp.

I've had the ARB for 5-6 years...no issues at all...and can't say that I can distinguish any noise from it not already present from the roof rack. In fact the only noise I noticed post install was the clinking of the 2 zippers together in the wind. Just separated them a bit and it's fine.

Also, I was looking to upgrade to a Fox Wing a few years back. Purchased it and it's been sitting idle in my garage. Let me know if you're interested.

Are you trying to sell me your ARB or Foxwing? PM me and let's talk more I may be interested. Also let me know what party of town you are in.

Also running a Foxwing - bought it used for a steal, in great shape, no issues.
  • it's fairly quick to setup/take down but you do need to use the tie-downs if there's any wind
  • I keep the support legs strapped to the underside of my roof rack
  • lots of shade, gets a lot of comments
  • I've never used the walls that came with my setup
In a perfect world, I'd have one of the newer 270-deg. awnings that either have integrated support legs or don't require legs at all but they're PRICEY. If you get one, you'll be happy with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom