Let's talk about axes (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

thats the one's
got used quite a bit after the fires up in n.c. my first trip up after everything calmed down,second trip i threw in my chainsaw and a bigger axe

The Estwings are awesome for the money. They make the one you linked and one with a longer handle, but I would grab the shorter one around camp.

Father in-law brought home this little Collins bit... don't know weight or age... cleaned it up, should be good to go. Don't know yet what I'll do for a handle.

View attachment 1544614

View attachment 1544617

View attachment 1544618

C,

If you can't find a handle you like contact Beaver Tooth in Tennessee for a handle. They offer a couple of woods and can get you squared away. They probably have what you need and if not they can make it with a few pics and a phone call.

Beaver Tooth Handle Co. Replacement Axe & Tool Handles Sheaths Wedges

J

that guy is a douchenoozle. As for a productive contribution to this thread... yes, the fiskars is a solid tool. no need to spend more other than for douchennozle bragging rights. BTW, what type of wood worker uses an electric file and chain file guide?? The type that gets paid by youtube.

I got to use my X15. (http://amzn.to/2zDAdVz)
It was awesome. Chopped firewood with ease. Great length and weight.
I didn't have to do any heavy duty work with it yet but it more than satisfied what I needed it for. And for the price I can't complain! The orange part of the handle is a bit grippy too so that works well.

One of the few times I have found home depot to be cheaper than amazon, thought I should mention it for anyone interested in the estwing (s)

Estwing 16 in. Camper's Nylon-Vinyl Shock Reduction Grip Handle Axe-E44A - The Home Depot

Estwing 26 in. Camper's Nylon-Vinyl Grip Handle Axe-E45A - The Home Depot

I have the 26in Estwing and, while it is great for limbing live trees, the edge geometry isn't great for splitting dry wood. I see it more as a bushwacking clearing trailhead, hammering on stuff kind of axe. The fact that the handle and head are all one piece is pretty sweet. If you are looking for a firewood chopper I would recommend something with a straighter edge to it.

that guy is a douchenoozle. As for a productive contribution to this thread... yes, the fiskars is a solid tool. no need to spend more other than for douchennozle bragging rights. BTW, what type of wood worker uses an electric file and chain file guide?? The type that gets paid by youtube.

That guy gets his tools free or at a deep discount. No way he'll ever give an impartial opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom