Let me drive your 100 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Looking if any 100 owners in the area would be willing to let my family and I test drive their rig. We’re (I am) in the market for one and my wife wants to get behind the wheel and see how the kids fit.

I’m up north by the airport, but would drive.

Mitch would be more than happy to let you take a look at his 2003 LX470. It does have a small lift and 33's so it won't be representative of how one drives in stock form and the third row has been mothballed. We are down in South OP. If it were me, I'd find one at a dealer and and head there.

I don't have a 100 series but to Dave's point, there's a pretty nice 100 series at Adventure Motors that I gave a once over on. It's an 06 with roughly 150k miles on it. Very clean underside with a hint of axle grease. Timing belt was recently done (you'll have to ask for the mileage or check Carfax). Other bonus includes ARB front bumper, DVD player for the kiddos, and new tires.

With the good comes the bad. It was involved in an accident of some sort and you can see some remnants of the damage, such as tape lines on the fenders. There is a dent on the passenger side front fender and the paint is "this close" to flaking away making a repaint almost necessary.

Not sure if it's a contender or not for you, but here's a link to it. If you have any details on year, mileage, price, someone will probably stumble across a candidate. Best of luck on your search.

2006 Toyota Land Cruiser 100 Series - ARB Bumper and new AT's - V8 4WD

Jack

Thanks all.

I've been eyeballing that one at Adventure Motors and the other 100 they have there. I'll probably just head down there and test drive both 100s they have with the whole family this Saturday. That's good to know about the condition of that 06. I was more concerned with it being from NY. The pics looks perfect, but again thanks for the comments.

The wife wants a black LX because it looks great. She saw a black LX the other day with an ARB (or something) front bumper and got even more excited about getting something.

If anyone comes across a good 03+ 100 let me know! I'm looking nationwide... leaning Southern of course.

As a rule I always buy non-rust-belt rigs but have looked the other way on occasion. The only one that truly ever bit me in a very painful way was an '03 LX470 out of Chicago area. I've seen plenty of rust over the years but the way the 100-series frame and undercarriage deteriorates in a salty environment is seriously ridiculous. I couldn't believe that a semi-modern Japanese vehicle could be so susceptible to cancer as the 100 is.

On another note, Toyota is not known for having the most durable clear coats in the biz and seemed to get worse with the 100 intro which is why most of the black 100's swirl out so bad. I have been able to polish this out on one before but the clear coat is also super thin and very easy to burn thru without warning. I agree that black is sexy (when clean and freshly polished) but do be cautious as to the condition of one you purchase, you kinda have one chance at an aggressive wheel/compound job then mild polish/wax from that point forward. Nowhere near the hardness or thickness of Euro and American rigs.

Appreciate the advice there.

Planning to head down to Adventure Motors to see their two 100s. The Carfaxs show that they’re both originally NY vehicles, so I’m fine walking away.

26244140218_ccd27b6c25_h.jpg

It fits in the garage even with the suspension in HI mode.

Looking good! Really similar to my 100 so I'm extra partial to this one

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom