Left over cable

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I just finished rebuilding one of our fleet winch a Ramsey 12k and install new cable, I have about 85 feet of left over after I cut off the bad part, no rust or kinks and I could just put some end loops on it and use it as a back up or extension. Any other ideas what else I could do to it?

^^^ A really short zip line.:hillbilly:

I'm in the same spot - visually old steel rope looks good, not sure how great it is though.

I'm thinking about taking it over to our local logging supply shop & having it made into a log choker with a bell end - something I can drag logs around the yard with a clevis on the rear bumper, or pulling small trees out of the ground & not leaving a stump.

General yardwork, essentially.

I kept the original steel cable from my Superwinch EP9.0 after replacing it with syn rope. It had never been used so that was a no brainer. After one outting where we had to join three recover straps to a 90' long winch line to get someone unstuck in the snow, I added some wire rope grips to mine and bring it along on all trail runs. Used it one time after that, so it can come in handy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom