LED light bar recommendations (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

$40 bar off Amazon. Works for me. Mounted on the bumper in front of the winch.

Safego 21.5" 24inch 120W Led Light Bar Flood Spot Combo Beam Offroad Work light for Trucks 4X4 Roof 24V 12V A120W-Combo, Light Bars - Amazon Canada

Got it at a 50% discount.

No lights (my amber markers are on as they default for "daytime running lights) , then just headlights on (one of my HID's is burned out so the OEM light is on highbeam), then just the light bar, and finally all the lights on.

20170115_175257_HDR.jpg

20170115_175312_HDR.jpg

20170115_175304_HDR.jpg

20170115_175318_HDR.jpg

Last edited:
$40 bar off Amazon. Works for me. Mounted on the bumper in front of the winch.

Safego 21.5" 24inch 120W Led Light Bar Flood Spot Combo Beam Offroad Work light for Trucks 4X4 Roof 24V 12V A120W-Combo, Light Bars - Amazon Canada

Got it at a 50% discount.

No lights (my amber markers are on as they default for "daytime running lights) , then just headlights on (one of my HID's is burned out so the OEM light is on highbeam), then just the light bar, and finally all the lights on.

View attachment 1383085

View attachment 1383086

View attachment 1383088

View attachment 1383089
Yup, you are right. This is great when people can buy some good deals at amazon. But if you spend time checking and grabbing the product at the right time, you can save more $ for sure.

Yup, you are right. This is great when people can buy some good deals at amazon. But if you spend time checking and grabbing the product at the right time, you can save more $ for sure.

Be careful with amazon lights, they break easily and they have cheap chinese leds most of the time 1/10th as bright as the higher quality bars.

I had a cheaper light i got off ebay and eventually had the same issue of not wanting to spend an arm for a rigid bar so i researched a bit and found a company called black oak led. They seem to fit my budget, so i gave them a try. Id like to see a side by side of a rigid vs black oak bar, but ive yet to see a good comparison. Either way im happy with my bar.

20160420_222804.jpg

Last edited:
image.jpeg

I'm running a 42" Aurora "curved" light bar. While it ain't cheap, the light output is nothing short of phenomenal.
I've tried less expensive versions and the reliability and durability were not adequate.

Any brand is ok. Just make sure that your LED lightbar has Cree LEDs.

So a lot of people like buying expensive light bars, but there’s so much you can do with EBay and other online tag sale sights. I bought a couple CREE pods and a 24inch light bar for $40 total. And they’re just as bright as the next guys.

image.jpg

There are many choices in the market. Let's have a look on my off road light bars. I selected 5500K and 100 watt for my off road LED light bar.

This brightness is pretty impressive as you can see the illumination region is very broad and uniform, which is even brighter than the street lights.

G'Day Fella's,

I'm also looking to mount an LED light bar to my Battle Cruiser.
The thing I have noticed on most light bars, that have been mounted on a vehicle for a while, is the clear Poly-carbonate lens on them, have all become "milky" and are no longer clear. I assume, this also reduces their effectiveness and lighting ability.

Is there a particular brand, where this does not occur?

Regards
Homer

G'Day Fella's,

I recently purchased a new LED light bar, and now have to make up the mounting brackets for it.
Here are a couple on images of the light and a lump of Aluminium, I found in the "Funshop".
You can see the basic line markings on the Aluminium, to show what I intend to do to it, and change it into.

D'oh!
Homer

DSCN2292.JPG

DSCN2293.JPG

I have a Rigid that fit in my Slee front bumper. The wiring consists of the lighted switch, relay, harness, etc. I re-did some of the terminals to fit my application. MY first time with a light bar and WOW. My vehicle gets a steady diet of washboard and fine silt, so I am not crying too badly about getting top quality stuff.

Be careful with amazon lights, they break easily and they have cheap chinese leds most of the time 1/10th as bright as the higher quality bars.

I had a cheaper light i got off ebay and eventually had the same issue of not wanting to spend an arm for a rigid bar so i researched a bit and found a company called black oak led. They seem to fit my budget, so i gave them a try. Id like to see a side by side of a rigid vs black oak bar, but ive yet to see a good comparison. Either way im happy with my bar.

View attachment 1499863
True..that light I linked only lasted around a year, with very little use.

Diode Dynamics offers nice lights bars for reasonable prices too. Picked up one of their 30” combos for around $300 on Black Friday. Regular price is $440 which is still cheaper than a rigid and I have no complaints with the quality. It also has an 8 year warranty.

I’ve used some cheap LED pods from a handful of “affordable” sources. They have all leaked, powder coat faded, or failed in other ways. I’ve got Baja Designs light on both my Cruiser and Impreza. A rock broke one of the on my Squadron’s mounted in the Impreza’s stock fog light position. A replacement was easy/quick to source from BD and it’s been fine many years later. You do get what you pay for but yah it’s like 10x more.

I wish there was a good way to find some mid grade LED products that didn’t require trial and error. Here are a couple I’ve considered ordering but don’t want to regret just crying once.

Morning! Need a favor (I searched and this thread seemed the best "fit").

Wiring up a lightbar (2010 LX/LC) - use case is 1) on/off via hi beam trigger 2) cabin switch to "activate" circuit - in other words the switch, when off, will allow the lo/hi beams to operate as "normal" (lightbar stays off).

Can any one please check this wd?

Many many thanks!

Screen Shot 2024-02-08 at 12.19.26 PM.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom