LED Headlamp (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

looks good .. just wonder if isn't too much light close to your eyes .?

Not at all. You don't even see it, at all. The only issue I see is when you face another person, it's pretty damn bright.

Interesting, but I wonder what advantages this has over a full 180 degree flood headlamp like a Zebralight. Most people tend to focus in a very narrow zone in front of them so this seems like a lot of wasted light for peripheral vision. I like the trek belt idea, I've tested different ways of belt mounting my headlamp and this looks perfect.

Interesting, but I wonder what advantages this has over a full 180 degree flood headlamp like a Zebralight. Most people tend to focus in a very narrow zone in front of them so this seems like a lot of wasted light for peripheral vision. I like the trek belt idea, I've tested different ways of belt mounting my headlamp and this looks perfect.
That Zebralight website is clunky, like Windows 98. What model throws 180* ??

That Zebralight website is clunky, like Windows 98. What model throws 180* ??

I went back and checked, I think I was mistaken. It's been a while since i looked on their site, I thought the H602 bare emitters were 180, but I guess it's only 120. Maybe it was spark or nitecore that had the 180 spread, there's a few companies that do extremely floody headlamps. Even at 120 degrees it's a lot of light being wasted, which means you're giving a lot of lumens or runtime by illuminating areas you're not looking at.

Some people like the really wide spread of light, but I've tried flood beam and found it very limited in use. It's great for close up work within arms reach, like maybe cooking or rock climbing. But IMO for general use like hiking or working on cars, a normal headlamp is a lot more versatile. A lot of headlamps also allow you to remove the reflector to get a moderate flood pattern which work good enough.

Last edited:
Very cool, I plan to order one. Thanks!

That ONE80 light looks really cool. Might have to order one. Could be an ideal hunting headlamp for quartering in the dark. Light kind of everywhere.

Currently I run the BD Storm. It's been great for throwing some serious light at 350 Lumens. It's peripheral setting works pretty well and can be run solo or in conjunction with the main beam. Also has a red and green setting. Green should work well to track a blood trail but I've never tested that theory. http://blackdiamondequipment.com/en...storm-BD620633_cfg.html#cgid=lighting&start=1

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom