LED Gauge Lights Blinking (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hiya,

Last year I replaced all of the gauge bulbs with LEDs per the "ultimate LED" thread elsewhere on the board. At first everything was fine but over the winter the gauge lights began blinking somewhat randomly like there's voltage noise great enough to affect LED brightness. Adjusting the gauge light dimmer knob smooths it out a bit when I turn it down but it never goes away completely.

Has anybody else seen this? It's a '96 LX and I had an electrical part failure in the A/C amplifier last year that I documented in another thread. I don't think that's it but I mention it because I have been having some electrical issues. I just thought I'd post here before trying to debug it myself.

Did you use the cheap Amazon LED's for it?

I have the exact issue for the large main gauge lights but only on one side which also smooths out with the dimmer, I figured it was because I used the cheapo china amazon leds as I have read on here that other guys have had them burn out. I bought some better quality LED's to replace them with but haven't gotten around to that mess yet.

Did you use the cheap Amazon LED's for it?

I have the exact issue for the large main gauge lights but only on one side which also smooths out with the dimmer, I figured it was because I used the cheapo china amazon leds as I have read on here that other guys have had them burn out. I bought some better quality LED's to replace them with but haven't gotten around to that mess yet.

This sounds similar to my situation. It's just the large main gauge illumination LEDs and it's mostly on the left side of the cluster and it does smooth out with the dimmer being turned down. Which LED's did you buy to replace them? Maybe I'll go ahead of you and debug it first.

This sounds similar to my situation. It's just the large main gauge illumination LEDs and it's mostly on the left side of the cluster and it does smooth out with the dimmer being turned down. Which LED's did you buy to replace them? Maybe I'll go ahead of you and debug it first.

Yep that's it exactly, ordered some from superbrightleds or whatever the site is. Going to get around to putting them in sooner or later if you want me to let you know how it goes. Although it may not be worth much as the cheapo ones also worked fine for about 6 months...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom