LED FLASHERS For the 1000th time (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
OK, I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired. I have Led's at all four courners of the cruiser and they will not blink. I bought a different flasher (mechanical) that didn't help. Then I learned about resistors. I bought resistors and they still do not flash. I guess the resistors are not big enough. However, you can touch the turn signal wire with a test light and they flash perfectly.

I have searched and searched for part numbers for two pole flashers, but can't find one. This is what I have. Painless universal fuse block, with built in flasher terminals. The silver flasher on the right is what came with the painless fuse block. I tried getting the other flasher at Auto Zone.

Does anyone know what electronic flasher will replace these mechanical ones?
flasher2 (2).jpg
flasher (2).jpg

I put a two pole electronic flasher in my truck about 6 months ago.

I found it on the wall at Pepboys for ~$10.

It flashes no matter how many and what wattage lights are working, this is great for me as I have no front turn signals.

This is what you need.

I have been researching LEDs for my rig and found a site which suggests a Tridon EL-12 to replace the two pole Tridons that came with my painless wiring kit. I am not sure if the flashers used in the Toyota painless kit are the same as orginal but they look like the ones in your picture.

I put a two pole electronic flasher in my truck about 6 months ago.

I found it on the wall at Pepboys for ~$10.

It flashes no matter how many and what wattage lights are working, this is great for me as I have no front turn signals.

This is what you need.

Problem is most places just look at you like you stupid. I will go and look around tomorrow.

JR

3 pole flashers will work too. The extra pole is used to run the dash indicator lights out of phase with the signal lights.

I install LED lights in fire dept vehicles. I found NAPA has a 2 prong flasher that has an aux ground wire. I can post the # when I get to work tomorrow.

Problem is most places just look at you like you stupid. I will go and look around tomorrow.

JR

It wasn't behind the counter... just out in an aisle with a bunch of flashers, bulbs, relays etc. This Pep Boys doesn't even try to have people that can help so they just put all the small parts out in aisles...

Flasher is Truck-lite # 285 (at NAPA)
LEDflasher.jpg

Yoda

You are the man.

Thanks for the help.

JR

To add to my earlier post on this thread I pulled the flasher that comes with the painless kit and it is a Tridon 552 that is the one which supposedly can be replaced with the Tridon EL-12

All you need is a heavy duty flasher to get it to blink the LEDs. I am using a trailer wiring kit both front and rear tho, so that might be a bit different than your application.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom