Builds Leave no bolt on behind build (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

They are both very nice looking trucks! I am evaluating whether or not to keep my 100. She has been a wonderful vehicle and right now my teenage daughter drives her, but do I REALLY need two large trucks? Not sure...

Yes you do....do it for those of us who can't!

Rear adjustable pan hard rod from marks4wd, Australia. Bolt on scheduled in less than 2 weeks. This is to correct a pulling to the right condition under acceleration caused by the Icon lift that was installed.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Rear adjustable pan hard rod from marks4wd, Australia. Bolt on scheduled in less than 2 weeks. This is to correct a pulling to the right condition under acceleration caused by the Icon lift that was installed.

View attachment 1207573

View attachment 1207574

Has anyone figured out what, **specifically** in that mod generated this issue?

Put another way... Is there a known factor within that particular lift that--were it adjusted--would NOt cause this serious torque-steer effect?

It just seems like it should be avoidable...as so many of us have other lifts with so such side effect.

Did I miss an explanation somewhere? Curious.

Has anyone figured out what, **specifically** in that mod generated this issue?

Put another way... Is there a known factor within that particular lift that--were it adjusted--would NOt cause this serious torque-steer effect?

It just seems like it should be avoidable...as so many of us have other lifts with so such side effect.

Did I miss an explanation somewhere? Curious.

All lifts create axle shift. The higher the lift the worse it is. My lift is at least 3 1/2" and the axle needs to be put back in its place.

All lifts create axle shift. The higher the lift the worse it is. My lift is at least 3 1/2" and the axle needs to be put back in its place.

Ya, I understand it shifts the axle...but why, then, is there zero pull with mine after lift? No such mod was necessary...so I'm wondering...what's unique to his lift that's causing such severe pull where mine has none?

Ya, I understand it shifts the axle...but why, then, is there zero pull with mine after lift? No such mod was necessary...so I'm wondering...what's unique to his lift that's causing such severe pull where mine has none?

I am not sure. Maybe it's firmer springs. Maybe the lift is higher. My pull is not severe. Mine is noticeable though. The other guys might be worse. I'd be doing this even if I did not have a pull. I like things being "right". The axle not being centered is creating problems you don't know about....yet. I feel it's best to have the axle centered and then see if there is an issue from that point.

Last edited:
I am not sure. Maybe it's firmer springs. Maybe the lift is higher. My pull is not severe. Mine is noticeable though. The other guys might be worse. I'd be doing this even if I did not have a pull. I like things being "right". The axle not being centered is creating problems you don't know about....yet. I feel it's best to have the axle centered and then see if there is an issue from that point.

Hmmm...
The axle moves a bit even in stock trucks though...whenever articulating at all. I wonder if that's what the multiple mount holes are for at the front of the bars...?

Hmmm...
The axle moves a bit even in stock trucks though...whenever articulating at all. I wonder if that's what the multiple mount holes are for at the front of the bars...?

I doubt it. The only reason I do is because if that were true why would they be making the adjustable pan hard rod? The lift is creating an offset not just movement.

I just figured out why I was confused. When you were saying pan hard rods, I was thinking control arms. :doh:

sell me your pan hard bar and your 80:clap:

sorry to be off topic, but may i ask where you got those mud flaps for your 80. i have the 4x4 labs bumper on mine and i'd love to add those flaps so i can keep the rocks off my trailers.

sorry to be off topic, but may i ask where you got those mud flaps for your 80. i have the 4x4 labs bumper on mine and i'd love to add those flaps so i can keep the rocks off my trailers.

I got them off eBay here in the US. At the time they had both yellow and white.
I don't know if they are still selling the new, old stock teq flaps or not. The last I looked, the search on eBay for teq flaps turned up nothing.....correction. I just checked eBay. They have a set for sale right now and maybe they have more too. Price is around $150. Got to pay to play!

Last edited:
The ARB drawers and the adjustable pan hard bar were installed today. The ICON lift had shifted the rear axle 1" toward the driver's side. The pan hard bar has now corrected that alignment. That being said, there is still a slight pull to the right under acceleration. I chalk this up to the Land Cruiser being a full time 4 wheel drive/all wheel drive vehicle. It must be the IFS that has the slight issue now. It's a very slight pull to the right and something I am willing to live with on a lifted/modified vehicle. I consider this problem solved or done with.

The seats in the picture below are slid all the way back and there is still room behind them. The electric 110 outlet on the left rear of the vehicle is still usable if you lift up and remove the left side panel.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Next up will be the barrier, fridge slide and shelf/divider. These are on order from Australia and probably won't be here until mid to late April.

Last edited:
9780LC,

Can you please tell us where you got the MSA fridge slide and panhard rod from Australia? Thank you - truck looks great - the drawer looks great with the black interior.

I ordered the Panhard rod from Marks 4wd in Australia.....bought it off their website with a MasterCard. I received it in 4 days.

MSA 4x4 DS40 drop slide can be purchased direct through MSA 4x4. All you have to do to get the ball rolling is email them.

The process to get the slide will take almost 2 months to get the slide in hand. You have to wire money, wait for it to clear at the bank and then wait for the shipment.

I expect to have my slide in April sometime.

This is what the rear interior of the 200 will look like when this stage of the build is complete. Notice the slide does not interfere with the side storage. The panel is still removable and the slide is only as wide as one drawer.

image.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom