Leaky injectors? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My 97 LC has lost it’s Christmas spirit this past week. I am looking for any advice or insight this forum may have.
Upon a cold start up it idles very rough. It will self correct after 20-30 seconds and idle smoothly. Earlier in the week it would idle smoothly from the get go if it had not sat for very long and was still warm.
The idle air control was disassembled and cleaned. It ohmed out according to FSM. If unplugged it will fluctuate between 600-2000 rpms. That seems to be working.
The mass air flow sensor was dissassembled and cleaned. It ohmed out according to FSM. If left unplugged it will not run very well at all.
My limited experience and knowledge has left me flummoxed.
In the past year it has received new rotor, distributor cap, plugs, plug wires, air filter, fuel filter etc.
It has not thrown a CEL code yet.
This morning it coughed hard twice and died before starting and producing enough white smoke for a couple of minutes to make me think it was on fire. (Would have been hard to explain to my firefighting buddies)
Any advice you may have is welcomed.
Ben

You need to do a balloon test and exhaust gases test on your radiator.

Sounds like HG symptoms......

Does the exhaust have a sweet smell to it?

If not, I would not be worried but head gasket; however, from what you described it does sound like @BILT4ME is correct.

Can you start a thread with the rough idle, I was thinking of fuel pressure Issues.

C1458401-4093-45FF-BF95-C441E580D669.jpeg

Well after performing a leak down test the coolant reservoir was rather bubbly. Problem found. Now with a little help from some friends and some larts from Beno it will get a variety of new gaskets and hoses as it gets rebuilt.
Was surprised at how mild the symptoms were. Caught it early enough to avoid block pitting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom