Leaking heater valve (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
my heater valve is leaking. Can I replace it with a regular heater hose, or are the sizes at each end different? I'm guessing a new one is not available?

6E6E4BAC-D2B6-4972-9D5F-5DB6602FBEE4.jpeg

A new one might be available; when I was trying to find a heater valve for my Prado a couple of years ago I looked at one from an 80's 4Runner and it looked a lot like the one in your photo. If you can find the part number it might cross reference to a US model.

Its the same size at each end. Gates make a good coolant hose and they sell the number 1 and 2 HJ75 heater hoses. About $20AUD ea on ebay.

You can also use the Unicoil type hose, same company as Gates and they have North American contact number.
I used these on my 1HZ conversion into my FJ73 to join the FJ heater valve to the 1HZ and they were still looking good after 6 years.

Home Page

Should be available new as I ordered some a few months ago. There are some GM valves that can be made to work easily enough and quicker to acquire at local parts store. Local parts store should have a book with photos and dimensions of the GM valves. You can remove the valve and replace with hose but your heater will be constantly circulating coolant then. Probably not a big deal up north though.

Just looking at the pic again, that looks like an original Toyota hose clamp. I don't think anyone puts those back on so it could be 30 years old.:hmm:

It looks like the valve, searching interwebs it comes up discontinued #87240-90k01

I thought I can see a swollen bit underneath where corrosion has pushed the hose out causing it to leak. Maybe a clean up will fix it.
If you cant get a new valve (and I think you will) , you can possibly use one off another model and connect it with the unicoil hoses.

Heater valve part number 87240-90K01. Shows it being the same as the BJ7* and FJ7*

Correction to the information above since I was working off of memory and crossed my numbers:

87240-90K01 is discontinued.

87240-90K00 is still available.

90K00 is below:

ObNQ+%2VRxa9rOuUURo8+w.jpg
Zwbcu10oRga6GEsnw1GwUg.jpg
V+ky%EgCQC61%VfE8J7LZw.jpg

I think this will work on trucks with the 87240-90K01 valves.

@coldtaco did you get the right valve? mine is leaking now as well. it looks like 90K00 intake pipe is on the opposite side as 90K01.

G'Day Fella's,

Coldtaco, what about just replacing the Toyota hose clamp, with a conventional/screw adjustable hose clamp?
This if it works, is only a Band Aid repair (I assume the hose is old and perished), but this may fix the leak.

Avagreatweekendeh!
Homer

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom