LCLC Chat (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

So, I'm driving the 40 around, pass a modified Jeep and he gives me the "jeep wave".
I feel rude if I just ignore it, but not sure if I want to just wave back, either...
I'm sure someone here has run into this before, what do you do??
I wave back; heck, I wave at people I don't know all the time! It's how I was raised living in the deep south (North Florida). No problem. If I see a 40, I chase him down and make a friend. I have yet to see another 40 that I don't already recognize, though. :frown:

Spent the weekend in St Louis for a wedding. We toured a Frank Lloyd Wright House (I'm a sucker for good architecture) and the Missouri Rolls Royce Club was having a meet. Really interesting dudes; probably 25 or so cars. Most of them drove over 100 miles to the meet. With a complete look of sincerity, the owner of a 1961 Ghost told me he has to do a complete drivetrain teardown every couple 100 miles (and apparently this isn't uncommon). Made me question whether they have serious OCD or if Toyota has simply spoiled us rotten...

So, I'm driving the 40 around, pass a modified Jeep and he gives me the "jeep wave".
I feel rude if I just ignore it, but not sure if I want to just wave back, either...
I'm sure someone here has run into this before, what do you do??

The appropriate reaction: :flipoff2:

I thought about that too...seemed really rude to a bunch who just don't know any better..(remember, I was one of those)
Maybe it will be better with the LCLC banner in the windshield

I'll be at Cars and Coffee in the morning if anyone wants to join me.

Does anyone here have any experience setting up an auto locker? About to order an Aussie locker and could use a hand getting it installed.

Also, I found the Aussie on eBay for $320 shipped, does that sounds like a decent price or is there somewhere else I should be looking?

Does anyone here have any experience setting up an auto locker? About to order an Aussie locker and could use a hand getting it installed.

Also, I found the Aussie on eBay for $320 shipped, does that sounds like a decent price or is there somewhere else I should be looking?
$320 is a good price, I paid $400 for mine and it was the single best upgrade that I've ever done.

About installation... We attempted to install mine but it didn't work out properly. You'll have to remeasure your shims when you replace your third member. We measured mine wrong and it wound up shearing off all the pins and it had to be redone.

$320 is a good price, I paid $400 for mine and it was the single best upgrade that I've ever done.

About installation... We attempted to install mine but it didn't work out properly. You'll have to remeasure your shims when you replace your third member. We measured mine wrong and it wound up shearing off all the pins and it had to be redone.

There is actually a used one in the classifieds right now for $200. Would you have any reservations with buying a used one or do you think it would be better to purchase one new?

EDIT - I purchased the new one, with a discount code it was just a hair over $300 and with shipping the used one would only have been a little bit cheaper.

Last edited:
Anyone have a recommendation for a mechanic in Mt. Pleasant? I need to replace my front diff. Was going to do this in my garage with the help of my neighbor (Greg), but I will be out of town for a few days and would love to get this done while I’m gone. Getting a used diff shipped from cruiserparts this week. Thanks!

Anyone have a recommendation for a mechanic in Mt. Pleasant? I need to replace my front diff. Was going to do this in my garage with the help of my neighbor (Greg), but I will be out of town for a few days and would love to get this done while I’m gone. Getting a used diff shipped from cruiserparts this week. Thanks!

McIntosh Imports is who I used to use for Toyota stuff.

Thanks! Will give them a call.

X2, yep, call Terry and tell him we sent you.

Just installed some 315 KM3’s. They ride great, should be able to test them out in the mud tomorrow when I go hunting.
943DBA58-FB7A-4357-B8B7-E1C191B808E5.jpeg

FBD65C99-E55F-458C-BAF8-ED0D95E041F7.jpeg

Last edited:
Not surprisingly they do great in the mud. Now I just need to find time to clean up and repaint the rims.
D311BE35-3530-4FD6-A2F9-C7FF6570A662.jpeg

There is a slight possibility I maybe going to Kuwait, due to lack of finding a local job. Ive been sending out resumes for the past year, and this company was the only one that responded. Not happy but I have to make an income. Been living on plastic cards sux.

@Soju ive been looking for work for about 2yrs, living on credit cards. All the responses i received said i didnt have the experience they were looking for (aviation Maint Jobs). This job in Kuwait isnt aviation, but will get all my bills paid in 11 months. Mad i will not be spending Christmas with family at home. Few thing im mad about this, but i have bills that are piling up.

Many times ive tried to sell my TLC, people just kick tires and say its not worth it. Oh well.

@Soju ive been looking for work for about 2yrs, living on credit cards. All the responses i received said i didnt have the experience they were looking for (aviation Maint Jobs). This job in Kuwait isnt aviation, but will get all my bills paid in 11 months. Mad i will not be spending Christmas with family at home. Few thing im mad about this, but i have bills that are piling up.

Many times ive tried to sell my TLC, people just kick tires and say its not worth it. Oh well.

Gotcha, I was only asking because I’ve spent time in both countries recently and I would recommend UAE over Kuwait for general quality of life. But if it’s just short term to pay the bills I assume that’s less of a priority.

Best of luck with the job and feel free to pm me with any questions you might have.

Well this week I went home to see family over Thanksgiving and got to go out at Rausch Creek in PA.

OH EM GEE!!! Trails they rated as Green were INSANE!!! One looked like a waterfall from all the washout!

I went out on Friday with a dude name Chris with a 4runner. NICE GUY and super cool, he was from NJ. Did a bunch of greens with a sprinkling of Blues. One blue had a gully that when you drove through it, the ground was eye level for me. When we first saw Chris my sister said "Is that the dude we are going out with?!" He had a green Mohawk, I said "He's probably a financial consultant" :)

Saturday I went with some friends on a guided outing. Great time, the "Topless for Tatas" trail was SUPER narrow. The Wrangler behind me kept betting I'd lose a mirror on the FJC. Not a scratch! The guy behind me was super cool, said "I have so much Gopro footage of you, do you want me to send it to you?" The only other FJC in our group was from NJ and got hung on a rock, we did not let him live that down :) This place is super Jeepy, with Mad Max looking vehicles running around the property. Great time on both days and would definitely go again!!

Glad to be back in SC!! Temps up there were under 30 both days, eff that!!

Edit:
Got a lot of complements for being from SC and running their terrain. +1 to LCLC!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom