Events/Trails LCDC 2019 - 5th Anniversary (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Okay, first time doing this trip and looking forward to it! So how will it work? Base camp will be Ouray? All day trips? Leave Ouray in the AM, meet up and back to Ouray in the evening?

Generally, "yes" to each of those questions. The event is based out of Ouray. We'll meet each morning at a designated location, run trails all day (more to come on trail planning soon), and then post-trail activities are more spontaneous (aside from Slee's dinner on Saturday night). Most of the trails end in cool mountain towns and folks tend to spend some time exploring. Others organize unofficial, shorter trail runs en route back to Ouray and sometimes people join happy hours. In other words, we all leave from the designated spot each morning but there's no expectation to return there at the end of each day.

Generally, "yes" to each of those questions. The event is based out of Ouray. We'll meet each morning at a designated location, run trails all day (more to come on trail planning soon), and then post-trail activities are more spontaneous (aside from Slee's dinner on Saturday night). Most of the trails end in cool mountain towns and folks tend to spend some time exploring. Others organize unofficial, shorter trail runs en route back to Ouray and sometimes people join happy hours. In other words, we all leave from the designated spot each morning but there's no expectation to return there at the end of each day.

Perfect. Thanks for the clarification.

Howdy All!

I see this year's event is coming right along. Super pumped to see all of you again.

I was curious if you all would be interested in doing another skills day. If we do it again, hopefully we'll have a little better weather.

Anyhow, if you're interested in a skills day, lets us know. Also, let us know what you would change from last year and/or what you would like to do this year.

-Jackson

Any idea around what time in the morning we will be meeting? I am looking around for a place to stay and it would help knowing what our morning meeting time will be. Thanks!

Any idea around what time in the morning we will be meeting? I am looking around for a place to stay and it would help knowing what our morning meeting time will be. Thanks!

It's safe to pencil in 8AM. Actual time may end up being 8:30 or 9:00, though. It depends on how many leaders we end up with.

9:00AM sounds great.

8:30 or 9:00 would be great.
We’ll have shorter drives from meet-up lot to the trail-heads compared to Telluride this year, so might average out.

That bit of extra sleep might also help evening hangout time without sending folks running off to sleep. :)

Might also give trail leaders and organizers a better chance to deal with our larger group logistics.

I dunno. Just thinkin...
Better Z’s... better drivers...happier passengers...
:hillbilly::p
:princess::steer:

Last edited:
8:30 or 9:00 would be great.
We’ll have shorter drives from meet-up lot to the trail-heads compared to Telluride this year, so might average out.

That bit of extra sleep might also help evening hangout time without sending folks running off to sleep. :)

Might also give trail leaders and organizers a better chance to deal with our larger group logistics.

I dunno. Just thinkin...
Better Z’s... better drivers...happier passengers...
:hillbilly::p
:princess::steer:

I agree, and I propose 10am start times :rofl:

I agree, and I propose 10am start times :rofl:

Haha! I didn’t dare suggest 10... but ya, sleep-deprived trails as fun.

My chocolate milk addiction doesn’t give me morning headaches...but others might not fare as well. Hehe :grinpimp::cheers:

As many of you will remember there can be quite a difference between the actual meetup time and when folks leave. We had some 7:30 days a couple years ago and that was definitely too early.

Meet at 8:30 and headed to the trail around 9 is great, we can even have breakfast before. 10 is like halfway through the day (for me) and I'd rather spend an extra hour on the trail than waiting around, lol.

Hey Jackson, if the timing works, I'd love some skills tutoring. What I know, I've learned from being stoopid with the FJ Cruiser I had. The LC is a bigger beast with higher consequences, so I sure won't turn down anyone offering to help suppress my "stoopid" gene.

Also, for anyone interested in boondock camping Wednesday/Thursday nights, if I come off the waitlist and join y'all, I am reasonably familiar with the area, and a total cheapskate. I'd be camping in the forest (or above the forest!), and would welcome company. The San Juans are *spectacular*.

Cheers,

- Fred

Howdy All!

I see this year's event is coming right along. Super pumped to see all of you again.

I was curious if you all would be interested in doing another skills day. If we do it again, hopefully we'll have a little better weather.

Anyhow, if you're interested in a skills day, lets us know. Also, let us know what you would change from last year and/or what you would like to do this year.

-Jackson

Also, don’t tell @Markuson but we’re going to tell him one hour earlier than the official start time.

Ha! You are evil... (and smart)
I’m OK at making trail time out of a hotel...
I mostly just really suck at packing up camp. :))))))

8:30 or 9:00 are both great.
Just no likey 7:30 from a couple years back.

LCDC'ers : I went to Ouray solo last summer a couple of weeks before the LCDC #4.... for conflict prevented me from going on the event scheduled weekend. At that time , I did Imogene.

Looking forward to this summer, and thinking... I'm looking at the Map and thinking about Blue Lake then hike up Mt Sneffels (14k'er). Has anyone done this before ? Any issues w/ Parking @ Blue Lake Pass?

Thanks!

LCDC'ers : I went to Ouray solo last summer a couple of weeks before the LCDC #4.... for conflict prevented me from going on the event scheduled weekend. At that time , I did Imogene.

Looking forward to this summer, and thinking... I'm looking at the Map and thinking about Blue Lake then hike up Mt Sneffels (14k'er). Has anyone done this before ? Any issues w/ Parking @ Blue Lake Pass?

Thanks!

I’m all for a solid hike, my dog would probably love it too. Get her out of the 200 for a bit.

Thanks!

If you plan on hiking Sneffels, just make sure to get an early start due to afternoon storms and the threat of lightning.

If you plan on hiking Sneffels, just make sure to get an early start due to afternoon storms and the threat of lightning.

Sounds like Whitney. These high alt mountains, need to be off the ~mountain top NLT than noon IMO.

To avoid lightning...just hike with someone taller than you... :grinpimp:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom