LC200 wish list (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've owned my '15 LC200 for a few months now and I've noticed a few tech/convenience things Toyota could do better.

1. Factory remote start with decent range that doesn't shut off upon unlock or door open. (GM, Ford, and Chrysler do this already.)

2. Radar Cruise control that can be set up or down in 1 mile/hour increments. (Cops in my neck of the woods work in 5s. 64 no ticket, 65 ticket.)

3. Auto Fold mirrors. (I know Lexus has this. Share the love Toyota.)

4. Better voice command. i.e. Ability to press voice button and say redial. i.e. Ability to press voice button and say Navigate-to-full-address in one statement.

5. Key fob lock/unlock functionality while car is running. (It would be nice to leave the car running in the winter and briefly run into a hotel to dump keys and check out. Same here - domestic brands allow this.)

6. LED daytime running lights. LC has LED lights but they only work with the head lights. Instead we get dim yellow high beams for DRLs.

7. View the rear camera while in park. (Currently only visible when in reverse)

8. Soft open tail gate.

9. Puddle lights under the mirrors.

10. More audio ports. i.e. 3.5mm aux jack, more than one usb port. (Older years had a USB port and a 3.5mm aux jack, it's a shame it was removed.)

11. Deeper cup holders. i.e. Ones deep enough to keep a bottle of water upright. (Current ones are too shallow and let a standard 16oz bottle tip side to side with each turn. The adjustment arm isn't strong enough to hold anything in place.)

12. 2nd row storage in the center armrest.

13. KDSS bleeder valve that doesn't rust beyond adjustment.

I know some of these things are addressed with Lexus and/or newer model years. But not all of them. IMO Toyota lags in tech. I guess they focus on reliability which makes them slow (very slow) to change. I know all of these wants could be fulfilled with another brand but I suspect there would be a trade off in reliability and build quality. So this is just a list of wants which I hope Toyota addresses in newer revisions.

Great list overall. I especially agree about the shallow cupholders! This was a trait with the 100-series too that unfortunately carried over.

I know you acknowledged that the LX570 had some of these features. Just identifying them below for clarity to those that aren't aware:

3. Auto Fold mirrors. (I know Lexus has this. Share the love Toyota.)

6. LED daytime running lights. LC has LED lights but they only work with the head lights. Instead we get dim yellow high beams for DRLs.

8. Soft open tail gate.

9. Puddle lights under the mirrors.

12. 2nd row storage in the center armrest.

Make 3rd row seats and 2nd row video screens optional (vs. standard). Add Apple CarPlay and Android Auto as standard. Add option for larger fuel tank and factory-integrated 2nd battery.

KDSS valves.

Other than that? Meh...

The cup holders can be made more secure by adding rubber/foam around the inside tops. I posted photos doing that some time back, and it secures cups & bottles better despite the shallow depth.

Edit: Found my old cup-holder-mod thread. Go here:
Fixed Annoying Cup-Holder 4 Cheap...

Last edited:
Can't you move the piece in the middle to make the cup more sturdy? I also use the cup holder in the door from time to time.

While I shared some of those complaints as a new owner but I got over it over time. The biggest complaint I have is the unreliable 7 speed transmission in newer models. I think Toyota took a big step in a wrong direction with that. Only other issue is that I wish the shocks were a tad softer when hitting big bumps (esp with KO2s). I am really torn with the idea of modifying the stock suspension.

Some of the items on the list were added on the '16/17 model. One thing I would add to the list is having power operated pop out 3rd row windows. Really miss that from my 100 series...

Alot of that stuff would be great, but I agree I think it comes down to them deciding that above all else it will be tough and run nearly forever. Anything else they put into the vehicle is just extra lol

More options to buy in US. I love my 16LC but had import the Toyota Nudge Bar from Australia. Wanted 20 inch wheels that you can get in different region. Bought LX570 wheels to put on. Also Toyota forgot to convert everything to LED. I had to convert left overs like the license plate light and turn signals. But overall a great truck

I forgot one thing! I would have loved to have been able to purchase my new LC with the 1VD-FTV engine (1VD-FTV Toyota engine) in twin-turbo configuration. 268 HP, 479 lb-ft torque, 22.8-27.4 MPG.

I know OP mentioned some of these were answered/fixed in later model years than 2016, but figured I would point out what I know has been fixed in 2016

2. Radar Cruise control that can be set up or down in 1 mile/hour increments. (Cops in my neck of the woods work in 5s. 64 no ticket, 65 ticket.)
-Exists in 2016 model

4. Better voice command. i.e. Ability to press voice button and say redial. i.e. Ability to press voice button and say Navigate-to-full-address in one statement.
-Exists in 2016 model

-Exists in 2016 model

7. View the rear camera while in park. (Currently only visible when in reverse)
-Exists in 2016 model

11. Deeper cup holders. i.e. Ones deep enough to keep a bottle of water upright. (Current ones are too shallow and let a standard 16oz bottle tip side to side with each turn. The adjustment arm isn't strong enough to hold anything in place.)
-Exists in 2016 model

13. KDSS bleeder valve that doesn't rust beyond adjustment.
-I hope it exists in 2016 model, but we shall see? haha (I laugh, but seriously...)

Do the LED bars under the high and low beams light for DRLs?

I know OP mentioned some of these were answered/fixed in later model years than 2016, but figured I would point out what I know has been fixed in 2016

-Exists in 2016 model

To solve the 16 oz water bottle thing I just buy the 1 liter bottles from costco. Those...together with the rubber/foam stuff I lined the inner top of my cup holders with means they are very secure, including the slightly narrower 1 liter bottles Costco just switched to.

1 liter bottles also fit perfectly into the door space, and additional can even be pushed into the narrower portion of the door space (three 1 liter bottles-Costco) can be easily shoved into 2nd row doors.

Aren't there lights under the doors (puddle lights) already?

I have send bulb sizes in the manual. My truck doesn't have them but the previous owner took out the LED interior bulbs and I haven't looked at these up close.

Yea there are. They're helpful when exiting. But not so much for the approach prior to the door being opened. I've had other cars with them and they were nice to have.

Aren't there lights under the doors (puddle lights) already?

I have send bulb sizes in the manual. My truck doesn't have them but the previous owner took out the LED interior bulbs and I haven't looked at these up close.

The rubber foam sounds like a good idea. I'll give that a try. Thanks

To solve the 16 oz water bottle thing I just buy the 1 liter bottles from costco. Those...together with the rubber/foam stuff I lined the inner top of my cup holders with means they are very secure, including the slightly narrower 1 liter bottles Costco just switched to.

1 liter bottles also fit perfectly into the door space, and additional can even be pushed into the narrower portion of the door space (three 1 liter bottles-Costco) can be easily shoved into 2nd row doors.

Yea you can move that piece in the cup holder to help sturdy a bottle. But it folds too easily and doesn't really do the job. First turn and the bottle leans against the arm, it pops back to center, and the bottle tips over to one side.

The snug-arm-piece in the cupholder holds up to more force in the '16+ models. This helps but the cup holders in the center console are still too shallow. From my measurements the depth in my '15 was the same as a '17 in the show room. Adding the foam fins or another insert of some kind would fix it. Or using different bottles.

The door bottle holder is also an option but it's a bit of a reach for me while on the road.

That new transmission (plus the rear screens) is why I didn't go with a '16. Doesn't seem like any auto maker is immune to new transmission issues...

Can't you move the piece in the middle to make the cup more sturdy? I also use the cup holder in the door from time to time.

While I shared some of those complaints as a new owner but I got over it over time. The biggest complaint I have is the unreliable 7 speed transmission in newer models. I think Toyota took a big step in a wrong direction with that. Only other issue is that I wish the shocks were a tad softer when hitting big bumps (esp with KO2s). I am really torn with the idea of modifying the stock suspension.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom