LC '13 Side Mirror Wonky (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My wife backed out of the garage and clipped the driver's side mirror. Whenever the car starts up now, the side mirror extends toward the front of the car.

It's hard to explain so I uploaded a video:

Does the whole unit need to be replaced??

I had this happen to my ‘13 LC on the passenger side. In my case I had to replace the actuator in the mirror which is a lot cheaper than buying a whole new mirror though taking the mirror apart to fix it and putting it all back together is not trivial. Here is my thread on the topic:

I had this happen to my ‘13 LC on the passenger side. In my case I had to replace the actuator in the mirror which is a lot cheaper than buying a whole new mirror though taking the mirror apart to fix it and putting it all back together is not trivial. Here is my thread on the topic:

This is amazing! Thanks for sharing! In the mean time, can I pull a fuse or something, so the mirror won’t extend each time I start the car?

This is amazing! Thanks for sharing! In the mean time, can I pull a fuse or something, so the mirror won’t extend each time I start the car?
Sure but not sure what circuit it’s on or what else is on it. Just pop the door panel off and unplug the harness.

Sure but not sure what circuit it’s on or what else is on it. Just pop the door panel off and unplug the harness.
@kcjaz I've read through your directions, but I'm still unsure about how to "de-pin" that harness. Any other tips or video? I didn't see that particular harness on the de-pinning YouTube video. Thanks for your time!

@kcjaz I've read through your directions, but I'm still unsure about how to "de-pin" that harness. Any other tips or video? I didn't see that particular harness on the de-pinning YouTube video. Thanks for your time!
The key was unlocking the pins which is post #5 in my thread. I think I used some small pointy tools to push the pins out while I pulled the wire. Once the connector was unlocked I think the came out fairly easy.

The key was unlocking the pins which is post #5 in my thread. I think I used some small pointy tools to push the pins out while I pulled the wire. Once the connector was unlocked I think the came out fairly easy.
Gotcha! Thanks. It’s about $1,100 after tax for the whole assembly, so…I’m gonna attempt replacing this motor.

Gotcha! Thanks. It’s about $1,100 after tax for the whole assembly, so…I’m gonna attempt replacing this motor.
If figured it out, anyone can. Just go slow.

If figured it out, anyone can. Just go slow.
What about using this mirror on eBay? I could transfer the missing parts from my busted mirror to this one.

What about using this mirror on eBay? I could transfer the missing parts from my busted mirror to this one.

It may work but given the PITA that replacing the actuator is, I wouldn’t go cheap knock off parts. Especially when the real deal is only about $180.

Edit: I googled "Happy Headlights" and they seem to be a "pre-owned" parts seller. So, in theory, maybe what they are selling genuine Toyota. The thing is, its its been pulled off they had to deal with the harness by cutting or depinning. From the pics, there may be some parts missing. Also, the mirror glass shows it has blind spot detection which is not applicable to 2013-2015. Don't know your model year.

Last edited:
All fixed! I ended up using this seller on eBay to repair my mirror. It was right around $300 out the door. I shipped the seller my mirror, and the seller fixed it right away and shipped it back!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom