Late vs Early 2F Main Bearings (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

thunt

SILVER Star
Threads
Hi All,

Been a long time lurker and it looks like I've found a problem I cant find a straight answer to.

I've got an FJ60 with a body build date of Nov 1985 and a 2F motor with build date of 51030 (Oct 30 1985). I tore the engine apart a couple months back and recently started to look for new main bearings for it(0.010" over) and aside from it being next to impossible to find bearings for them, it looks like from what I can see that it currently has early 2F mains on it.

From the research I've conducted, early 2Fs had thrust washers built into the 3rd main(which is what was previously installed) and in Nov of 1984 they switched to a new style where the thrust washers were separate from the main bearing.

My question, is it possible for a late 2f to have early 2f main bearings fit in it? I'm trying to buy the correct bearings and it seems like I'm in a contradiction.

I'll add that this motor has been gone through once before and I'm not confident in the previous builders ability to install the correct components.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom