Last Official Post Roundup thread....... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I wish I had a film clip of Marlin as he drove up the rise where you turn into Katemcy Rocks.
For the first time, after 4 hours on the road, he saw nothing but pink granite all along the horizon.
Marlin started giggling like a kid.
A very priceless moment.
Happy Trails! N

To whom it may concern;

I have never had a more boring time somewhere in the middle of fricken Texas.

NOT!!!!!

The hospitality that I experienced, and the friendships that I made will never be forgotten.

Above all, thank you for the respect that was shown to me, and providing such an awesome event that brings together soo many great people.

When does the sign up list begin for next year?

Marlin

Marlin.................

Oh Marlin, you listening, forgot to mention your extreme presence and how much fun I had driving down with you.

Heard stories of this legend, they were not exagerated what so ever, he is one of the toyota supreme wrenching gods.

Did I forget to say, the energizer bunny has nothing on you dude.....

See ya soon
Rob

Marlin.................
Did I forget to say, the energizer bunny has nothing on you dude.....

It was truely amazing watching Marlin jump from rig to rig diagonsing problems, mending them and collecting parts to take back to Fresno, fix and return while never missing a step along the way....... I'd love to be a fly on the wall back at the shop. No doubt he runs rings around his tech's :lol: . I too had only heard the stories. I was in awe watching him!

I sincerely hope this was not "The Last Roundup" but if it was, Marlin's presence, in no small part, made it the best!

I thank all the planners, ticket takers, t-shirt giver-outers, raffle prize runners, beer keg lifters, honorees, hosts, announcers, new friends, old friends, dancers, singers, beaters, show rigs, barbequers, picture takers, and Clutchee for showing us how a Land Cruiser event should be. May the spirit of the Round Up carry on!

Me & the Missus had a grand time (again!) this year. She got about as much wheel time as I did and I didn't even mind. It's was almost as much fun just being there.

Dig-Dug on the rocks
DSC04382.jpg

DSC04489.jpg

Last run of the weekend...
DSC04920.jpg

Marlin.................

Oh Marlin, you listening, forgot to mention your extreme presence and how much fun I had driving down with you.

See ya soon
Rob

Sorry I didn't get to hang with the Canuck from the great white north.

Next time, you need to bring your rig and hang a few loose wires so I can keep myself occupied and spend some quality time with you too!

I hope to make it up your way with my truck on one of these runs.

Marlin

Well, late last night we finally got back to Sacramento California from our epic Texas Round Up excursion. I can honestly say that I had no idea what Texas, or Texans were like before I left. And I can honestly say that the Texans I met at the Round-Up were a hell of a lot more interesting than the drive through Texas! Maybe people in California are just rude and completely self-absorbed, but I was duly impressed with how polite the Texans were... well, the ones that didn't know me at least. Butch, Kowboy and the rest of the White Trash crew, you put on an excellent event and set a high bar for the rest of us. It was a great pleasure to meet everyone, and a great pleasure to attend an event I know we Califonians will be talking about for a long time to come.

best,

David (hair extensions) Garci-Aguirre

Can't say enough of what has already been said. This was a great event, with great people, great food and music. I know that something will be found to do for next year. Good things like Roundup always find a way to survive. Again, thanks to Butch, Kristy, Randy, Shane, Kowboy and all the others that helped put this event on. Can't wait to see what the future holds. Here are the pics my girlfriend took:

Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket

Videos coming soon.

Last edited:
btw, whose 80 going up "bronco alley" awesome stuffing of a pig through there, did he make it?

That would be mine. Sorry, did not make it, not enough tire or front locker. I think I might have made it if I was locked up front, not sure though. :)

I too would like to thank Kowboy, Christie Baker, Clutchee, Nick Stone for all their hard work, and to the Kruse family, especially Randy, and to Shane. But more than anyone, I want to thank the prime mover and shaker, the heart and soul of Round Up, Butch Baker. It was readily apparent on Sunday how sad Butch was to be packing up what could be the last Round Up at Katemcy Rocks.

I had a great time, as usual, this year. The first two years, I only took photographs. Those photos found their way onto Land Cruiser calendars and Toyota Trails covers. The last two years I went to Round Up, I concentrated on improving my off road driving skills. I am very pleased with my progress.

I sure am going to miss this event. I sure hope the future owner of this huge rock ranch comes to his senses and sees how this place and off road wheeling are just the perfect match and leases it back to the Kruse family, so we can all come back every year. Because IH8MUD but ILUVROX!

To see some 360 degree interactive panoramas I took last weekend at Round Up, click here: Round Up '09

Last edited:
Thanks again to EVERYONE that made the Round Up happen!

This was my first, and hopefully not the last, Round Up. I had a blast...you Texas and White Trash folks really know how to throw down.

KOWBOY, I also agree with Mark. Besides the free beer, the children's raffle was the funniest and most entertaining part of the night...I laughed so hard, I cried and almost pissed myself.

Thanks again!

Howard
Yes, I am from ALA-DAMN-BAMA!

What an awesome six years of wheelin', rockin', drinkin', stumblin' and shootin' the breeze with some of my best friends. I cannot possibly thank Shane and the Kruse's enough for their hospitality and friendship. Butch Baker, Nick Stone and crew...you boys know how to put on a party. Its simply amazing what has transpired since 1997 with the Texas Land Cruiser community and I am damn grateful to have been a part of it.

Bodean, Mark, Kristi, Momma Kruse, Randy Kruse, John D. and the Boys, I wish we could sit by the fire and pick just one more time. :frown:

Thank you, thank you, thank you.:beer:

since butch and kowboy and everyone else have been thanked like crazy for one hell of an event, i'd like to thank a few more people; nick, deb baker, and daryl all for helping me to keep my mangled elbow bandaged up.

i just got back from the emergency clinic where i was told everything would've been just peachy if i'd done my original job a bit better. couldn't see what happened since it's the back of my arm, but i'm pretty sure the nurse used a stiff wire brush to clean the scab up before carving into my arm open and violently ripping out what appeared to be a chunk of the greasy grinding wheel.:eek: hopefully now, every time i bump my elbow, tears won't stream down my face and my knees won't feel like collapsing. at least not until i get the bill.:rolleyes:

I'm glad you got that looked at.
Now, go get a bumper sticker that says, "Guys dig body damage"

Also, big thanks to you for keeping the testosterone wracked crowd honest.
Happy Trails! N

since butch and kowboy and everyone else have been thanked like crazy for one hell of an event, i'd like to thank a few more people; nick, deb baker, and daryl all for helping me to keep my mangled elbow bandaged up.

i just got back from the emergency clinic where i was told everything would've been just peachy if i'd done my original job a bit better. couldn't see what happened since it's the back of my arm, but i'm pretty sure the nurse used a stiff wire brush to clean the scab up before carving into my arm open and violently ripping out what appeared to be a chunk of the greasy grinding wheel.:eek: hopefully now, every time i bump my elbow, tears won't stream down my face and my knees won't feel like collapsing. at least not until i get the bill.:rolleyes:

ha! i'm pretty sure there was nothing i could do with that crowd of drunken SOUTHERNERS;)

just took the redneck challenge on facebook and got this result, so figured i'd better amend my original statement:D
redneck.JPG

For all of you foreigners maybe this will help ya understand us............

*FRIENDS** VS TEXAS FRIENDS*

FRIENDS: Never ask for food.
*TEXAS** FRIENDS*: Always bring the food.

FRIENDS: Will say 'hello'.
*TEXAS** **FRIENDS*: Will give you a big hug and a kiss.

FRIENDS: Call your parents Mr. and Mrs.
*TEXAS** FRIENDS*: Call your parents Mom and Dad. or Papa Pete and Granna

FRIENDS: Have never seen you cry.
*TEXAS** FRIENDS*: Cry with you.

FRIENDS: Will eat at your dinner table and leave.
*TEXAS** FRIENDS*: Will spend hours there, talking, laughing, playing
dominoes or cards and just being together.

FRIENDS: Know a few things about you.
*TEXAS** FRIENDS*: Could write a book with direct quotes from you.

FRIENDS: Will leave you behind if that's what the crowd is doing.
*TEXAS** FRIENDS*: Will kick the whole crowd's back-ends that left you.

FRIENDS: Would knock on your door.
*TEXAS** FRIENDS*: Walk right in and say, 'I'm home!'.

FRIENDS: will visit you in the hospital when you're sick
* **TEXAS** FRIENDS*: will cut your grass and clean your house
then come spend the night with you in the hospital and cook for you when you
come home

FRIENDS: have you on speed dial
*TEXAS** **FRIENDS*: have your number memorized.

FRIENDS: Are for a while.
*TEXAS** FRIENDS*: Are for life.

You gotta Love that.

I have some Texas friends right here in Missouri.

*texas frineds* will feed you all damn weekend long and ask if everything was ok.

thanks again chop-stick charlie, you get the "camp mom" award.

seriously though, the event just would'nt be the same without the texan hospitality, not in the least part due to charles going way above and beyond to make sure we'd survive. :banana:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom