last minute run anyone? (1 Viewer)

Hey Fellas-
I've got the itch to get the rig dirty. I have no plans for this weekend and want to go exploring somewhere - possibly somewhere with snow. Does anyone else have the itch? :steer:

Hey Fellas-
I've got the itch to get the rig dirty. I have no plans for this weekend and want to go exploring somewhere - possibly somewhere with snow. Does anyone else have the itch? :steer:
I've got a major itch to get out... unfortunately I have class Saturday and priorities on Sunday.

They are forcasting snow down to 500 feet in the San bernardino mountains. Cleghorn and lytle creek should both see snow, and are easy to get to. Of course there's always big bear, but that will be quite the drive with all the nuts going up there to play in the snow.

I'm open to suggestions. I like the I idea,"easy to get to". I'm new to these trails...

Sunday is good for me.

Last edited:

They are forcasting snow down to 500 feet in the San bernardino mountains. Cleghorn and lytle creek should both see snow, and are easy to get to. Of course there's always big bear, but that will be quite the drive with all the nuts going up there to play in the snow.
Yup, cleghorn or 2n17 should be fun. Not far either

I hit toro peak and upper coyote last weekend and it was fun in the snow. Was solo towards the top of toro so I stopped about 2/3 the way up. Would like to find sawmill trail and try it in the snow. Should be free sunday for a run...
IMG_3373.jpg

I loved that thing until I sprung a p0401 code and it started screaming at me every minute. I actually stuffed the spare under the back, never thought a 35 would fit there. I contacted sean bout a possible bumper install and I've been lurking in the tire carrier thread too. I see you got the supercharger installed, like it? Scratch that, I don't want to know how much you like it and then be forced to have $3K disappear from my wallet. Where do you want to go Sunday? Should be plenty of places to get muddy this weekend. I've been hitting trails with justruns folks and have stuffed the cruiser in some pretty crazy places, had fun doing it too.

So... what do you guys think? Are you still up for a run? No worries if not - I have plenty of projects to finish. Maybe someone wants to help me install a few goodies; Snorkel, wagongear tailgate lid, blue fan clutch, wheel spacers or help be get my drawers back in.... anyone??

S.CarolinaFZJ80

SILVER Star

Prob not gonna make a run tomorrow but would like to see how you install that Wagon Gear Lid.

I took the family up to Julian yesterday. Traffic was a nightmare if you didn't get up there early. While leaving there was a line of cars past the RV park that had to be 4-5 miles long trying to get into town. Fortunately we got there before the rush. There was this really cool and old elementary school where people where playing with their kids and dogs. Since I had my family with me, dog included, I figured we'd stop. There was about 2-4 inches on the ground and clear blue skies, what a beautiful day. Here are some photos...
2-27-11 116.jpg
2-27-11 004.jpg
2-27-11 060.jpg

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom