Last minute get out on a trail (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Saddletramp

GOLD Star
Threads
I'm planning a Saturday 03/24 trip, close by maybe no farther than Sunflower, to do a bit of exploring and camp over night. Since we have a few folks that have expressed a desire for a short drive and camp for the young kids, I will list a camp destination for the afternoon. The idea is do a short run/ dirt trip driving and end up somewhere to relax in the evening.

If we have no parents and young kids wanting to attend, then I will likely run a trail in Bloody Basin.

Meet at the Bloody Basin Road turn off on the east side of I-17 at 0900 gassed and ready to go. The plan is to drive the road in to the east and explore a few off shoots and work our way towards FR18. I plan on camping but if anyone just wants a day run, they can easily head back to town through 7-Springs. Could be one of the last cool weekends for the area.

Interested so far:

Saddletramp
Otter- may come out through 7-springs with Graham for camping only
Crudd
Pitch
CJ

We will be on ham radio.

Hope to see you out there.

Last edited:
Im in !

Big Sandy this weekend, or I'd be out there with you guys. Have a good time,

Interested!

@Pitch, if we came in to bloody basin off I-17 it might make a easy start for you. Just thinking out loud.

I'm liking this weather outlook
IMG_1296.PNG

I’m tentative due to some family stuff. But may be in.

I think I may be in with Gman. I'm clear with Sarah. I could definitely meet at the camp spot.

@Otter Richard, sent you info on camping location in pm.

Updated post to show times and plan.

Problem with two homes, all my camping gear is up north. Plus all my registered Land Cruisers.

My guess this is a run that crosses State Trust Land and permit required?

Y'all are close by to our trail....if anybody wants to break camp Sunday morning and do another short trail before going home....
Meet us at 900am a bit South of your Bloody Basin exit at the Bumble Bee exit off I-17, we're doing Turkey Creek trail.
3/25/2018 ROTM Turkey Creek trail

Sad I missed this one! I was looking for an excuse to go camping this weekend and didn’t check with the CSC folks. Shame on me! :(

@Saddletramp thanks for the invite. Had a great time.

FYI, i started on 269 at 10:34, and it was 11:50 when I hit pavement, including air up time. I know you were interested in which way was shorter.

Just a nice leisurely drive through Bloody Basin from east to west. Met up with @Pitch at the turn off. Worked our way to a sweet camp spot that Graham would enjoy with lots of things to entertain him. Just a few pics @murf made it a day run while @Otter , @Cruddz , @Pitch , G-Ram and I camped next to the babbling brook.
@Cruddz whipped up some sweet New York steaks on his new portable grill along with some poppers. Very tasty, Graham appreciated everything but the peppers. Thanks for dinner Alvis

Great weekend to just get out. Very glad we didn't try to camp at Sheeps Bridge, what a freak show with more than 30 trucks and tons of people along with the assortment of garbage everywhere.

Time wise, Richards route for the win. It was 45 minutes to the river and another 1:45 to get to The main road including airing up.

IMG_3130.JPG
IMG_3129.JPG
IMG_3128.JPG
IMG_3125.JPG

Great "last minute" trip! Logged 320 mi this weekend, 80'ish on dirt x4 wheels, and 15 on dirt X2 wheels. As usual with CSC, we ate well, and the company was great. Our campsite was perfect, complete with running water. Water was prevalent everywhere, even if the fish weren't biting.

IMG_20180324_123029209_HDR.jpg

IMG_20180324_165234912_HDR.jpg

IMG_20180324_100732639.jpg

The freak show had just as many people on the opposite side of the river and then more again below the bridge. I don't recall seeing that many people there ever.

nice water crossing Saddletramp!

here are some of my photos including the prayer circle where Alvis was absolved! (mostly)

red4.jpg
red3.jpg
red2.jpg
red1.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom