Land Cruiser: What's your Main Use? (1 Viewer)

We want to hear about your experience. How do you guys use it as?

• Off Road Adventures

Votes: 9 13.2%
  • Family Trips

Votes: 14 20.6%
  • Everyday Transportation

Votes: 45 66.2%

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Ridies

Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
ridies.com
While Land Cruisers are built for adventure and can handle off-road conditions, they are also commonly used for more everyday purposes. Many people choose to use them as their primary family vehicle, thanks to their spacious interiors and comfortable ride. They also make great daily drivers due to their durability and reliability.

Yes all of the above

I drive it for safety reasons. Pound for pound, it’s one of the safest vehicles you can drive. Like riding around in a bank vault. Combine it with AWD, and it makes for a darn near perfect vehicle.

My wife and I both have company cars, and we needed something big to haul our three kiddos and gear around the country. 14k on a 2021 and probably 12k of that is all road tips from the snow, beach and mountains!

As of right now and for the last 2+ years it has been an all-around vehicle, but that will change into a road trip/off-road adventure only vehicle in the next 1-2 years.

*Duplicate post*

I voted “Off Road Adventures” but our family trips revolve around off road adventures so I’m in both camps.

I have had to daily mine for the last month and it’s been rough. I love to drive this thing but I’m terrified at the thought of some idiot running into it. It’s different when I pull it out, hitch up and hit the road for it’s intended purpose, that’s what we built it for.

Highway commute around the bottom of Lake Michigan to O'Hare, 174 miles each way, 5x per month. Very un-economical vehicle for this, but I'm so much less stressed driving in blizzards, past deer on the highway, hitting potholes, around crazy drivers. And of course, I'm compensating for various deficiencies, priceless.

All of the above, as it is my only vehicle (that runs.) So while it is not a "daily driver" since I'm retired, it is for towing, adventuring, family trips, occasionally off road (not much here in Ohio), and evenings out.

And it does all of those perfectly!

All of the above. It becomes the daily driver in snowy / inclement weather. Planning a desert trip this coming weekend.

I drive it for safety reasons. Pound for pound, it’s one of the safest vehicles you can drive. Like riding around in a bank vault. Combine it with AWD, and it makes for a darn near perfect vehicle.
I generally agree but do yo7 base it on overall mass for the most part?

All of the above. Normally I have a track car that I also daily, but haven't had one for a few years. If I ever have to commute again, I would add something fun and pick up some track days as well. Currently trying to talk myself into a 60 series for short trips around town to keep the miles off the 200. My total mileage in a year is between 6k and 8k, and that includes trips like Cruise Moab and LCDC.

All of the above. Normally I have a track car that I also daily, but haven't had one for a few years. If I ever have to commute again, I would add something fun and pick up some track days as well. Currently trying to talk myself into a 60 series for short trips around town to keep the miles off the 200. My total mileage in a year is between 6k and 8k, and that includes trips like Cruise Moab and LCDC.

I am kicking around a 60 as well. Hard to find something running that isn't grossly over priced and those that are a decent deal are usually rusted out $hitbox lol.

I am kicking around a 60 as well. Hard to find something running that isn't grossly over priced and those that are a decent deal are usually rusted out $hitbox lol.
I looked for two years to find mine, lived in Napa and is thankfully rust free. Makes a better daily than my 40. They are out there, just have to keep looking!

At this point, occasional toy. With 2 other vehicles in the driveway, I dont see a need to drive this 20 miles a day on run around stuff. Maybe once a month somewhere to offroad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom