Land Cruiser relay kick off MI. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I think they have a 14% double IPA on tap if that works for you..

I'm coming back from grouse hunting near Crystal Falls in the U.P. I'll be home just in time to spruce up the 80 and get down to Marshall Saturday.

Grouse hunting in the UP? Envious! Bring back some pasties...

yooper_zps992yuhei.jpg

Grouse hunting in the UP? Envious! Bring back some pasties...

yooper_zps992yuhei.jpg
That's me!
Seriously, great time but tough hunting, plus I can't hit s**t. Saw these two
20161005_191449.jpg
downstream of our cabin.

I realize that they are moose, not grouse.:D

Ok, officially jealous of the grouse hunting in the U.P.

I'm billing this as the largest gathering of LandCruisers in Michigan of 2016 !! Had a great time and got to meet new Cruiser heads. I'll post more of this in the 40 section later this weekend. Thanks to all who showed up, hope you enjoyed it as much as I did.

100_0981.JPG

I'm billing this as the largest gathering of LandCruisers in Michigan of 2016 !! Had a great time and got to meet new Cruiser heads. I'll post more of this in the 40 section later this weekend. Thanks to all who showed up, hope you enjoyed it as much as I did.

View attachment 1333289
Thanks for doing this. It has been tough getting our little group started, but I think we are over the hump and can hopefully get more people to join in. Have a good time on the 40 tour!

DSC_0495.JPG
DSC_0499.JPG
DSC_0500.JPG

I was thinking about trying to sneak my wife's camry in there too, but you guys are pretty sharp.

drock2, we all exchanged emails after you left. can you PM one of us what your contacts are? I tried to PM you, but the thing said your box is full.

Thank you all for letting Cara and me sneak in at the last minute. I tried to bring the 80, but as i said the starter is kaput. My 40 is a long way off from being driveable, but I hope to have the barn set up and an area closed off this winter so I can finish my engine swap.

I do know of a few other cruiser people around that I will try to get in on this group. One is John Raczynski (MyBlueToy) of Unemployedfilms.com.

Oh, and very importantly we must say thank you to the two of you who each bought a round. That was very unexpected and a gracious gesture.

Matthew and Cara Camp
Allendale, MI

Last edited:
I really enjoyed meeting everyone. Even if there’s never another relay, I’d still drive south to have beers with you guys [and gals] anytime. Link to my post in the 60 section to let those folks know what a great time we had in Michigan.

What did you do with your 60 this weekend?

If anyone ends up in TC, give me a ring. First round’s on me.

Just re-located this thread and I am very jealous of the grouse hunting too. I have crazy busy working on my new shack near TC/Kingsley. Will be up again off and on through the winter, maybe even a few more shots at grouse hunting now that the TC house is under control. My Brit has been cooped up a little too much the last month.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom