Land Cruiser relay kick off MI. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

olive

SILVER Star
Threads
Hello all- I don't know if anyone has seen the thread in the 40 series tech forum but we are putting together a relay of sorts...and it's all starting in the great state of Michigan. There will be a "baton" of sorts to pass off to the next driver(I think it will be a briefcase).The relay will start in MI and go down to southern Florida-possibly the Keys, And I'm the first leg. I would love to get as many LC's together as possible for a picture to get the ball rolling. I was thinking maybe Dark Horse Brewery in Marshall on the 8th of October. I'm trying to give enough notice that we could get a decent turn out and if anyone has any suggestions of maybe a better place to meet (I'm from Ohio-keep that in mind) just let me know.
Thanks,
@olive

It's a 40 series relay, right? Is the kickoff open to others though? I'd be about coming with my 80. On the hunt for a 40 but so far can't find a $20,000 truck for $5000!:D

Open to ALL LC's, it just started as a 40 relay. I'd really like to see as many as possible for a group pick....and first round is on me!!!

olive, is this the post you are talking about: FJ40 Cross-Country Expedition: Will YOU join us???

I checked out the thread and it looks really cool. It looks like you are volunteering to drive a major tributary into the cross country expedition. Your baton is going to be a toolbox? Maybe all of us who end up attending could put something small in the tool box of yours. Perhaps a photo of our rig, a small part no longer used on our vehicle, business card, or the like. Thanks for offering to do this. I'm in, I'd probably drive my FJ80 over since the FJ40 is not road worthy yet. I think a group pic in front of our rigs would be in the mix.

This may be a great way to get the Michigan Clubhouse going, talk about Fall or 2017 events too! Anybody else up for this?

I am! I have to make sure to solidify my calendar against outside attacks! Since I don't have a 40 YET, i will bring my 80.

Yep that's the thread. Glad to see a few people are looking at this, I'd really like to see as many LC's as possible! I think some pics, business cards or what ever to drop in the tool box is a great idea just remember its a small tool box and has to go all the way to the Florida Keys!! If anyone has any ideas on some land marks or attractions in the area that would be helpfull for the pics I post of MI./IN./OH. Hope to see everyone on the 8th.....BTW I'm waiting for the distributor to get back for my 40 so I'm crossing my fingers it will be soon.

toolbox 001.JPG

So here is the "baton" I'll be passing off in Columbus for the cross country relay. It will start in Marshall MI. at Dark Horse brewery on Oct. 8th if we could get together at 11am we could all have lunch and do a meet and greet of sorts to put a face to all the folks online we talk to but never actually see. If there is a number of people from any LandCruiser group that would like to take some time for a meeting while we're together I think that would be a good idea or maybe we want to just set up some future meetings/trail rides/whatever now will be the perfect time! If everyone could bring a actual print pic of their rig(and themselves) with their IH8MUD handle on it to put in the box that way the next people could have a chance to see our rigs and put their own in there also. If anyone has a small decal from some kind of land mark or off road trail or whatever we could put it on the box also. Any questions or comments feel free to get ahold of me because I'm sure I'm missing something

Thanks,
@olive

So here is the "baton" I'll be passing off in Columbus for the cross country relay. It will start in Marshall MI. at Dark Horse brewery on Oct. 8th if we could get together at 11am we could all have lunch and do a meet and greet of sorts to put a face to all the folks online we talk to but never actually see. If there is a number of people from any LandCruiser group that would like to take some time for a meeting while we're together I think that would be a good idea or maybe we want to just set up some future meetings/trail rides/whatever now will be the perfect time! If everyone could bring a actual print pic of their rig(and themselves) with their IH8MUD handle on it to put in the box that way the next people could have a chance to see our rigs and put their own in there also. If anyone has a small decal from some kind of land mark or off road trail or whatever we could put it on the box also. Any questions or comments feel free to get ahold of me because I'm sure I'm missing something

Thanks,
@olive
Sounds cool. I will be there on the 8th.
I'm headed down from Greenville so I will be rolling kind of due south to Marshall. If anyone from near here wants to caravan down, I can detour a bit to meet up and just roll earlier. Not terribly excited to blast down the expressway, just a nice cruise works for me.

Let me know

Pat

Thanks,
@olive

Planning to be there on the 8th too. I reserved a U-Haul to trailer my '64 40 there...weather permitting.

@drock2 glad to hear your planning on making the trip, hope the weather cooperates for all of us. @Gumby if your anywhere close you should drop by regardless of what your driving.

Awesome...I better bring enough beer money!!

In the last 70 days, I’ve been from TVC to South Bend twice, TVC to Ishpeming, TVC to Cheboygan and TVC to Baldwin in the 60. He’s getting his oil changed and tires rotated for the trip to Marshall this weekend. I may even give him a bath....

With any luck we’ll make it down in one piece. Looking forward to some of that Dark Horse Brew.

I will not be able to attend :-/ Get a passerby to take a pic with you all in front of your cruisers! And post it back here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom