- Vehicle Model
- 40 Series
1976 FJ40 Rock Crawler
$70,000.00The Land Cruiser Heritage Museum is offering an opportunity for a Land Cruiser enthusiast to purchase a custom rock crawler built by Proffit's Resurrection Land Cruisers.
Offered for sale is a build based on a 1976 US market FJ40. The frame is a combination of factory Toyota frame and custom tubing with full roll cage. Front and rear suspension is a custom 4-link with King coil-over shocks. Steering is independently controlled 4-wheel with Saginaw hydro-assist. Axles are 2.5 ton Rockwell with 7:11 gears Detroit lockers and disc brakes. Total miles since completion, 843.
Power is provided by a GM 5.3 - liter Vortec V8 backed by a Turbo-Hydramatic 400 automatic transmission and an Atlas 3.8 transfer case.
- Body: 1976 FJ40, hood, bib, bezel, side panels and bobbed tub
- Frame: Front half 1976 FJ40, rear custom tubing incorporating full roll cage
- Axles: Two Rockwell 2.5-ton front assemblies with 7:11 ratios, Detroit lockers and disc brakes
- Tires and Wheels: Super Swamper TSL SXII 45x14.50-20 on TrailReady Beadlock wheels
- Warn 9.0 RC winch with synthetic cable
- Engine: GM 5.3-liter Vortec V8
- Transmission: GM Turbo-Hydramatic TH400
- Transfer case: Atlas twin-stick 3.8
- Steering: Saginaw 4-wheel hydro-assist; the rear axle is independently controlled by a lever to the left of the driver's seat
- Suspension: 4-link front and rear with adjustable King coil-over springs/shocks and limiting straps
- Interior: Vortex lined floors; Corbeau front and rear seats; autometer gauges; Kenwood KDC-X399 radio; Navman 7200; VHF radio
Additional photos are available here: Land Cruiser Heritage Museum - 1976 FJ40 Rock Crawler - https://landcruiserhm.com/resources/for-sale/244-1976-fj40-rockcrawler
The vehicle is offered at $70,000.00 and can be inspected in Salt Lake City, UT. Contact Dan Busey at 505-615-5470 or email firstname.lastname@example.org