L-track mounting question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all!

Been try to figure out a setup that can accommodate my needs for work and outdoors activities for a while now, think I'm pretty close but I would really appreciate your input!

Background : For work I have to go on site quite a bit, and being in Vancouver means that I need a place to store and hang dry my rain gear and other field equipment. With that in mind I brought some l-tracks, took off the 3rd row handles on my LX470 and mounted them on there to hang stuff.
The problem being I'm not a very tall person (5'10"), so its a pain in the ass to have to bend over everytime I want to reach for that rain jacket/ safety vest/ whatever gear I have on there. :frown:This has been bugging me for like a while now and today I had this aha moment, where I thought of using sliders (like the ones for drawers) as a base for my l-tracks. Then instead of having to bend over to get stuff, I can just slide the tracks out and grab it. I also have the idea of mounting a heavy duty lanyard (like this) to my items, but that doesn't seem too efficient.

Now here's what I need help with: I'm not the most savvy guy with tools. From what I see, most sliders have small openings for wood screws, and I'm not sure how I can mount the l-tracks on them. Also, because of the third row HVAC, the grab handles are not leveled and they don't face the same way. One faces down and the other faces the into the cabin, would be nice if I can make them level and face each other so I can pull a rope between the two tracks, put things on the rope and not have things side to one side.

I have a general idea of how to do things, but I want to do it right and not brute force through everything. Don't want to drill random holes on the sliders and jerry rig the whole thing lol

Thanks for reading about this very specific and not very interesting problem, and your input will be greatly appreciated! :)

-MS

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom