Kisatchie National forest (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I know this is a long shot, but trying to plan a trip close to home, I live south of New Orleans and i am looking for actually trail riding. Did this National Forest have a good bit of off road riding for ORV ?

It's mainly dirt roads. If you're looking for rocks and real trails with some challenge there is no place near by. If you're looking for a leisurely trip through the woods and places to camp, then this is your huckleberry. :D

How close is close by for you? We frequent Hot Springs ORV (headed there in 2 weekends for Southern Cruiser Crawl), Hawk Pride Mountain ORV in north AL where we put on Mardi Krawl and Barnwell Mountain in Gilmer, Tx. HPO and Barnwell will be about 7 hrs and HSORV around 9 hrs to get there.

Looking for more or less a 4 day weekend trip to try out the rigs before venturing further out. Been looking at Big Ben National Park in TX then on to back out west. Building a FJ Cruiser set up now.

Everynow and then you can stumble along a trail that is "challenging" but then again it may be cause you arent supposed to be on it, as we may or may not have found out in the past
But for the most part as Mike said its logging roads, maybe a fallen tree to get over, some mud holes... as far as trails go. Still a good time, better than being at work.
If you look up camp Claiborne before you go you can ride through the remains of it. Just foundations but still get an idea of what used to be there.

Camping is great though, fish, bring a pirogue or canoe.

Hopefully in next couple weeks we get a cold snap and I'll be heading up for a weekend with the older kids.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom