Kisatchie National forest (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I'm thinking I want to go camping in the national forest and also do some trail running in the FJ up there. I know there isn't much of anything challenging there but I want to get in a 3 day camping trip wiht Daniel this summer.

Has anyone spent any real time in the KNF and can offer some advice on where I might go? I've downloaded the ranger maps for three of the 5 areas but am sorta unsure where to start.

I've yet to call the ranger station but that's my next step if I need too.

Bart

Southwest of Natchitoches. 600,000 acres of land divided into 5 ranger districts.

I hope ot make it a great trip. I had heard that one guy did 350 miles of trails in his FJ up there but he's offered no real details on where he went. this was on the blue room.

I sent u a PM. I've spent a weekend out there. Tons of trails if you have an ATV- not so much for the FJ. Find a camping spot by the lake if you can.
Have fun!
IMG_4040.jpg

IMG_4032.jpg

IMG_4076.jpg

thanks for the PM. I'm still excited to go. I love the trails in the pics. Hope I can find loads of them.

Bart- I probably drove the whole damn thing. I'd do it the same way if I did it again. Minimize your camp setup and just explore. It's the best way to go IMHO.

I just have one question

Where the Fockarwee?

I've never wanted to crash a gate so bad in my life. That gate was in the middle of nowhere. And I really wanted to see what was back there. Bart- maybe you....

I'll do it! :)

Bart- I probably drove the whole **** thing. I'd do it the same way if I did it again. Minimize your camp setup and just explore. It's the best way to go IMHO.

Sounds just like what we'll do. We have a nice small camp rig. Especially if we aren't going wheeling really.

My buddy Kyle and I rode around the Red Dirt reserve in the Kisatchie forest before. The few trails open to ORV opened May 1st until the fall hunting season starts. Red Dirt has a map on line and the free daily permit needed to be out on the reserve. They have some nice easy driving trails that pretty much just go into the woods then turn around to go out the same way.
100_9786.jpg

CampRoadRide026.jpg

The Kisatchie Bayou area has a nice camping and swimming area.
CampRoadRide049.jpg

More pics:
Camp Pics pictures by John350Z71 - Photobucket

my guess is no stay on trails etc etc

Nope no driving in the bayou area. I will look for the map we had I marked the good trail numbers.

I downloaded the maps and printed the full size at work. Looks like there is a crazy amount of stuff to do in each of the five districts. I think we are going to head up to Kisatchie first for a night, then move onto another district for another night. I'd love to find a place with a lake and good camping that maybe all of us could go to. I'm going to check out the canoeing/kayaking and tubing stuff also.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom