Kids these days (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

GTSSportCoupe

2LTE abuser
Threads
Wife brought some of my 10 year old daughter's friends to the Saanich fair in her modern car. Asked me to return kids home mid afternoon (in my cruiser) from the fair.

So, stuck in traffic about to leave the fair, and one kid says "my dad doesn't let me ride in cars like this".... I asked "why?" She said "these seat belts aren't safe, they need to be the ones that come across the shoulder too." I said, "you can sit in the front if you want". She said "thats not safe either because of the airbags". I said, "this truck doesn't have airbags, it'll be fine". She declined....

10 minutes later of idling in hot slow traffic and second kids says "this truck vibrates a lot". I said, "that cause it's a diesel. Ever been on a bus? Like that." Kid says "whats more environmentally friendly, diesel or gas?". I said, "diesel, it's more efficient so burns less fuel...."

Was a quiet ride back to their houses. I feel like a dinosaur. Or maybe I live in the wrong part/time of the world, lol.

8441A90B-68C2-4427-9745-8441395D3991.jpeg

Wife brought some of my 10 year old daughter's friends to the Saanich fair in her modern car. Asked me to return kids home mid afternoon (in my cruiser) from the fair.

So, stuck in traffic about to leave the fair, and one kid says "my dad doesn't let me ride in cars like this".... I asked "why?" She said "these seat belts aren't safe, they need to be the ones that come across the shoulder too." I said, "you can sit in the front if you want". She said "thats not safe either because of the airbags". I said, "this truck doesn't have airbags, it'll be fine". She declined....

10 minutes later of idling in hot slow traffic and second kids says "this truck vibrates a lot". I said, "that cause it's a diesel. Ever been on a bus? Like that." Kid says "whats more environmentally friendly, diesel or gas?". I said, "diesel, it's more efficient so burns less fuel...."

Was a quiet ride back to their houses. I feel like a dinosaur. Or maybe I live in the wrong part/time of the world, lol.
I'd have gotten out and walked.

People these days. Move North, it's better. Fewer people and the ones that live there aren't asking those sorts of questions.

The South Island is a special breed.

My mother-Inlaw asked my niece what she thought of riding in my Landcruiser (40).

She replied, “It’s smelly and noisy”

MIL, “Did you have fun?”

“Yes” with a big grin.

And the next generation is corrupted.

Pedantic spoiled little self righteous…… filters Jon, filters!
When we were 10, would ANY of us talked to an adult like that? Probably not cause we rode in
the back of the pick up.

People these days. Move North, it's better. Fewer people and the ones that live there aren't asking those sorts of questions.

Haha, yeah, you nailed it. Been trying to talk my family into north western BC for years. Not sure it'll ever happen....but doesn't keep me from trying. I definitely prefer the rural life. Maybe when kids move out.

That's the trouble with living in tropical Canada.
Everyone seems to move through here thinking it's where they want to live.

It's like the last section of digestive tract before the turds hits the s***ter.

On the other hand, -30c winters.

So, Canada's colon wins for me... swmbo does threaten east coast occasionally but **** those winters.

Last edited:
All the kids around here love cruising in my 40. Although my 6 year old daughter doesn't like how the wind messes up her hair when the top is off. She wears a hat now after a few bad hair days. She also says I'm not allowed to sell it because she wants to learn how to drive it when she's 16. I told her she'll be learning how to drive way before then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom