"Kiboko" - Texas family hunting/fishing adventure truck (3 Viewers)

CharlieS

GOLD Star
The ducks are still up north since we didn't freeze over. :)

FBAAC3F0-C71C-4BC4-BF07-575C1F758D8E.jpeg

Idaho Savage

GOLD Star
Well fortunately stock Kiboko handles muddy roads around Anahuac’s duck holes much better than mesquite strewn S Texas.

Stock tires and having to drive around a giant hole excavated to repair a pipeline led to sliding off the road and into a tractor rut, but we were able to crawl our way out without any drama.

Hunting was decent for late season TX Gulf Coast, but it’d have been better had there been fewer misses. Definitely more “Indian” than “arrow” since we dropped 2 gadwall out of a flight of 12 twenty yards DIRECTLY in front of our blind.

View attachment 2563932
If you sprung for Sitka waders, you can spring for a Packmule. :deadhorse:

If you sprung for Sitka waders, you can spring for a Packmule. :deadhorse:
@Idaho Savage - Out of curiosity, where are you in ID? My father's side of the family is from ID and have family that lives part-time outside Victor tucked up against Targhee NF. Spending couple weeks up there this Sep/Oct including a 10 day horseback elk hunt in the Frank Church River of No Return Wilderness Area. Love that part of the country, and very jealous of you getting to live out there full time.

As a fellow Texas Cruiserhead/hunter, eager to follow your build and see how things are working for you! I only get down to South Texas occasionally, but my 100 is built as a hunting rig in Central TX (primarily in Blanco and Kimble counties):
View attachment 2583251
Hard to beat Hill Country living in Central TX. And I absolutely love the color and steelies on your UZJ100. Need a similar glamour shot of Kiboko when she's done.

Idaho Savage

GOLD Star
@Idaho Savage - Out of curiosity, where are you in ID? My father's side of the family is from ID and have family that lives part-time outside Victor tucked up against Targhee NF. Spending couple weeks up there this Sep/Oct including a 10 day horseback elk hunt in the Frank Church River of No Return Wilderness Area. Love that part of the country, and very jealous of you getting to live out there full time.
I live in the Wood River Valley, south of Sun Valley. Done some hunting in your neck of the woods. Love the hill country west of Austin. Veru special place.

Victor is rad. I have a good friend over there who I grew up with. I believe she's the high school guidance counselor.

drmwvr

SILVER Star
I think I saw it earlier today while at Duggys. It may have been behind the brown wall on the alignment rack. Mine is the white 200 on the lift. Getting Bilsteins installed.

C69C9B79-A289-45F2-BBD1-C9873425A10B.jpeg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom