Keystone Cruisers Next Club Run Is April 13th (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

20190413_145936.jpg

20190413_145936.jpg
20190413_145936.jpg
20190413_121504.jpg

@El Dahs with @shmukster spotting

Thanks for the writeup Gary. It was truly a great day, weather, trails and good folks to wheel with. I had a blast. This coming week my truck goes off to the beauty salon again, hopefully to emerge in a while more or less dent, scratch, scrape, tear and ding free.

Thanks for the writeup Gary. It was truly a great day, weather, trails and good folks to wheel with. I had a blast. This coming week my truck goes off to the beauty salon again, hopefully to emerge in a while more or less dent, scratch, scrape, tear and ding free.
Just to go do it all over again 😂 :cheers:

Hey @Stairgod :flipoff2:

Gary forgot, I almost made it to the top of that hill. And Vince had some kind of crazy fuel tank pressure isue. While on the same hill gas started gushing from the fuel door. About as fast as a gas pump nozzle. Scarry stuff it was probably a few gallons at least.

For what it is worth, I had a similar issue with my 62 several years ago. If I had a full tank, fuel would just start pushing out past the cap. Turned out to be a clogged charcoal canister that was causing pressure to build inside the tank and the gas cap was the point of least resistance.

For what it is worth, I had a similar issue with my 62 several years ago. If I had a full tank, fuel would just start pushing out past the cap. Turned out to be a clogged charcoal canister that was causing pressure to build inside the tank and the gas cap was the point of least resistance.
@VBRoamer get this looked into. @YotaFun said somthing like this yesterday to me.

Vince should have a P0401 code if the charcoal canister is clogged right? Just asking for future confirmation.

Pretty sure the 80 series trucks are prone to having the filler necks rust out and on certain angles fuel spills out. @Crusha had something like this happen when I was following him.

Pretty sure the 80 series trucks are prone to having the filler necks rust out and on certain angles fuel spills out. @Crusha had something like this happen when I was following him.

'Tis true...I probably wasted a full tank of fuel before biting the bullet and having the filler neck replaced.

I've also experienced the fuel spraying out of the filler neck when removing the cap, especially on very hot days. It can take some time to completely vent, and as @Von Hayek mentioned, this is usually a canister issue.

Looks like a good time, wish I could have been there.

Add me to the list of rotted out fill pipes. No more topping off at the gas station :D

Vince should have a P0401 code if the charcoal canister is clogged right? Just asking for future confirmation.
There's no PO401 code, according to my Scan Gauge. I'm inclined to think it was the angle of the gas tank at the moment of coming off the hill. The tank was 3/4 full at the start of the day. I'd like to get this solved, just not sure who to ask about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom