Keyless entry fob integrated into ignition key? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Guys,
I want to delete my aftermarket alarm/remote start on my 93' 80. I like the idea of streamlining the key and keyless entry fob(don't want the remote start or alarm anymore) into one unit as I've seen in more modern toyotas. Has anyone done this for their 80's? Anyone know where I might start looking?

Thanks!

They sell them on Amazon. It takes the guts from the remote and installs into the key. The oldest flip key remotes I've seen are for one generation later than the 80. They are for a three button remote (2 buttons on front, 1 on back)

There is at least one more thread on this subject here somewhere. IIRC there were some ideas tossed around about similar OEM Toyota key shapes such as the Camry that may be cut to fit the 80 key cylinders. Please keep us posted I will be fooling around with this mod when I assemble my project. I have all 6 lock cylinders pulled and just eyeballing it seems like something can be done.

Did anyone ever pursue this?

This is a key from an Avalon. Could it even be taken apart and have a flat 80 series key modified to go inside?
image.jpg

Last edited:
ditto..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom