KDSS dust boot (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

kcjaz

SILVER Star
Threads
When my dealer fixed my KDSS he noticed that the dust boot on the front sway bar piston had a small tear. He told me he can’t order just the dust boot and it only comes as part of the whole KDSS assembly which was $1000.

Anyone out there replace their KDSS dust boot? Where did you get the part?

9C9AD531-8AC2-40CD-A657-5631D6833FD2.jpeg

It isn’t listed as a separate part in Toyota’s system.

Might be worth contacting some Australian toyota shops as they have so many 200s that get wheeled hard down there.. they are much more likely to have dealt with this before. Or maybe PM some of the forum users from down under.

sounds like an opportunity for ARB or ICON to come with an aftermarket boot that can be done without taking the KDSS apart ...

sounds like an opportunity for ARB or ICON to come with an aftermarket boot that can be done without taking the KDSS apart ...
The problem is they would barely sell any.

Well, this is nothing that Flex Tape cannot fix!

Or if you can find some toilet paper it’d probably work just as well.

Toilet paper?? Have you not been to the grocery store lately?!?! TP is worth more than gold these days!

I’ve been working on something for awhile, and am getting closer.

In the mean time, it’s already got two small access holes in the boot to let air displace. If it didn’t, the boot would be destroyed rather quickly.

it’s a hydraulic piston, just like the ones on construction equipment. The boot just prolongs the shaft life. So if the area the boot is torn, does have the ability to have a stone fly at the shaft, you will absolutely never does tease that shaft’s service life.

Again, if you go missing with a perfect boot, I promise, you’ll get mud inside the boot, so don’t worry about a tiny tear. Only be frustrated for a tare where a tire or another car can pepper the shaft (like exposed Icon or King rear shocks).

Aren't there split boots that could go on there to provide some protection? Like something that would go on a shock or steering stabilizer?

53B12D66-7DC9-43E8-935B-A9531B991BB1.jpeg
Looks like this got banged up on last trail.
Lower retainer trashed. Guess a stainless steel zip tie could be a good replacement.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom