Kaymar swingout toolbox mount (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
After getting rear-ended a few years ago I opted to take the cash instead of getting my LX stock bumper replaced and bought a Kaymar dual pivot rear bumper. At the time I could only afford one swingout so I opted for the driver side tire carrier and had planned on saving up for the passenger side jerry can rack. I then had an opportunity to get all the parts to do an OEM subtank install from an 80 in Australia going to diesel so I no longer needed the can rack. Having an unused pivot was bothering me and I started throwing around ideas of what to put on it to get more gear out of the interior on my trips. Fortunately I found out that Outback Proven was shutting down and I was able to get a right side tire carrier for dirt cheap and jumped on it, (I probably would have still gone for the can rack if he had one.) I messed with the idea of putting my CO2 tank on the swingout but it didn't seem like the safest place for it in the event of an accident so the next best thing was putting my Fat Max toolbox back there since it has a waterproof seal on the lid and I hate having it buried under my gear when I need something from it. I didn't want to cut off the tire carrier attachment so I just made a mount that replaces the wheel mount. It's very solid and allows me quick access to my tools and camp supplies without blocking my vision out the rear window. Highly recommend these Stanley boxes, they are plastic but super durable and weatherproof with strong latches.
Next I want to add the hi lift bracket to the swingout and maybe a work light.
Fat Max Rack.jpg

Fat Max Rack 2.jpg

nice. Although tempting for thieves. (Booby trap it!)

I agree, that's why I didn't want a permanent box on there. I can just remove the strap and pull the box off when I'm not using it. I also have a couple boxes the same size with different contents so I can swap them easily.

Looks terrible. You should sell me the arm and can holder. ;)
Check on ebay Australia or Gumtree, they are on there regularly and if you make the arrangements most people I've asked will ship. Not sure if a can rack can go SeaMail though. $900 is crazy for a new one and now that there is no US distribution it's probably more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom