K Trail Clayton Oklahoma to Mena Arkansas March 8th - March 11th (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Alright ladies and gents. I have been wanting to do this for some time. This trail comes in 3 sections. Section one from Clayton seems to be the challenging part with some 12-24 inch steps and washouts and it mellows out from there until it turns into gravel roads. Lots of scenery. This trail is 85 miles and should take about 2 days or less to complete. I’m planning on heading down on Thursday and staying around or close to Clayton and leaving on Friday at 10am and hitting the trail. Plan is to be in Mena or close by Saturday night. There are 3 Rv parks we can stay in. Get up Sunday am and head home.
Rules:
10 Rigs at the most
Off road tires at the least
Please post up as soon as you know you can go

Here is a great write up
https://habitatoffroad.com/blogs/trip-reports/112647494-kiamichi-trail-clayton-oklahoma-to-mena-arkansas201ADE46-236C-4E61-84D4-EF857BA5FD56.jpeg

In

In for Jeff Gragg

1 spot for Colin

In

And that ladies and gents completes our list. Awesome. I’ll send out info on gear and hotels and campgrounds 30 days prior to the trip.

Here the gpx file for the track we will be doing.

Attachments

• track.gpx
    20 KB · Views: 251
Quick update. 2 weeks after I posted this trail the first section running from Clayton all the way to the tower has been bought out and closed to the public. @CrowleyFJ40 and I working on trails that we will do all the way to the tower and do some more exploration. Stay tuned.

Is this still a go with a modified route? Making day off plans...

Alright ladies. Here is the plan for this trip. I’m arriving on Thursday afternoon and made reservations for us here
TravelOK.com - Oklahoma's Official Travel & Tourism Site

This is also will be our starting point for the trip. We will hit the fire tower and get some cool pics and run down to the lake where we are planing on camping Friday night. Saturday we will play by ear depending on how fast we are moving through the trails.

Thanks to @CrowleyFJ40 for getting these alternate routes together.

March 2018

Hey gang if you could please post up two things:
1 who is still in
2 who is coming Thursday night

Yes to both

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom