Jzilla's custom rear bumper, tire carrier and front bumper build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

If you would have kept it high and just moved it to the ds a bit more you could have used the stock lic plate location, your brake lights wouldnt have been obscured, and youd have the same if not better (useable) visibility out the back window.... And it would have been up high out of the way of things in the bush like others have stated.

This is coming from someone who mounted his high as hell so take it with a grain of salt. Beaut fab work either way.

D

Not sure if I like the auto-set feature at this point, I ended up setting it manually to do the work yesterday. It seemed to burn too hot on auto-set and the wire feed was more than I wanted. Anyhow I will play with it more one day.
Hope to have it for 20-30 years!
My old century was 19 years old. The shop showed me how I could try to fix it, so I will give that a shot one day (all the diodes need cleaning up).

j, the auto-set machines I've used burn on the upper range of volts/amps/ and wire speed.

My Miller XMT 350 doesn't have the feature, but I usually run on the hotter side and just speed up my travel motion to balance this out.

New machines are fun, just gotta play with them a bit. Good luck!

J

Rear bumper and tire carrier is now finished (will take some pictures of it next time I have it out). I was going to paint it, but then thought I may as well do the front bumper first then paint them both at the same time.

Here are some pictures of the progress on the front bumper, it matches the rear for the most part, did some things a bit different though.
IMG_1762.jpg
IMG_1765.jpg

Front bumper is now finished!
Had it rhinolined as well. Thanks to Fantom for bending up the tube!
I really did not want the tube going on the outside of the signal like the arb, personal preference, so I came up with this.
IMG_1768.jpg
IMG_1769.jpg
IMG_1770.jpg

Congratulations on an excellent job. Bumpers look stout, functional, and great!

Damn man. Put me in line for a rear. More pictures cuz those look awesome!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom