Just did 7-pin, is this right? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

tarbe said:
You do the pin 7 mod in conjuction with adding a center diff lock switch.

The center diff is only on when you depress the CDL switch.

Pin 7 allows you to run low range without the center diff locked, or to lock the center diff in high range.

If you do pin 7 without a CDL switch, you will never have the center diff locked (or your front/rear lockers if you have them).

And, there is already a plug prewired into the truck behind the dash, just waiting for you to put the switch in. :cheers:

Don't do the pin 7 mod without the CDL switch!!!

If you have the CDL swtich, I don't see any reason to not do the pin 7 mod.

Should the 7-pin mod be done on a 91 or 92 FJ80, or is it just for the 93 and newer?

I am not sure if it is same on the 91 or 92, but if it is, there is no reason to not do it since with the switch you have the control of whether to lock the center diff or not, separate from the low gear range selection.

The instructions on www.sleeoffroad.com do not mention that it is for any specific year, so I would assume that it would work with any year. Perhaps someone with a 91-92 could answer that question.

kemasa said:
Don't do the pin 7 mod without the CDL switch!!!

If you have the CDL swtich, I don't see any reason to not do the pin 7 mod.

Switch? I def dont have a switch in there already. I was just going to goto radioshack and get a rocker switch. Slees site just shows the removal of the wire, he doesnt show it being wired to a switch.

The more I read these posts Im guessing some Land Cruisers and LX450s have CENTER differential lock switches already on the truck?

please bare with me, and dont get frustrated, thanks :)!

If you don't have a the CDL switch, then you need to get one before doing the pin 7 mod. You could put a switch inline with pin 7, but that would only allow you do disable the center diff lock in low. It would be a bad idea to do the pin 7 mod without installing the switch.

See:
http://www.sleeoffroad.com/products/products_interior_main.htm
for the switch info.

By default, there is no center diff lock switch on the 93+ Land Cruisers, but many people have installed them.

BTW, the above link for Slee Offroad also gives some of the reasons for installing the CDL switch, such as if you have to remove a driveshaft and other reasons.

Pin 7 also works on 91-92 vehicles. As produced, 91-2 vehicles automaticly lock when shifted into low and can be locked by the CDL switch when in high.

FYI, the web page for the pin 7 mod on Slee Offroad has been updated to make it clear that you need to have the CDL switch first :).

While the switch is not connected to the pin 7 mod, it is related.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom