Just Checking in and saying hi! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Long time lurker, first time poster. So, i've come to the dark side and sold my beloved TJ and bought a GX. I got tired of water dripping on my feet and the 50mph 4cyl top speed, so I sold it and my Silverado and havent looked back. I've been lurking on this forum for quite a while now, both before and after I bought the GX. Its an 04 non-kdss with nav. Had to drive 4 hours to get it but with a stack of maintenance records it was worth it.

11232122_10153069472299072_7716503165850882259_n.jpg

And the TJ I sold to get it:
10404374_10152998104674072_7604306690934609497_n.jpg

So far I don't regret a thing. You guys virtually talked me into it, thanks. I plan on an OME suspension and some armor for it over the next year, but with building a house and paying for the wifes school progress will be slow. Plus I have some other toys sitting around:
11178113_10155456505695315_9015398998244891134_n.jpg

I'm sure I'll have stupid questions about stuff and I apologize in advance, but I promise I do know a thing or two about cars. I am actually a GM world class tech and fix The Generals mess ups all day, so if anyone has a GM question I'm your guy. Plus I make my own beer, so I've got that going for me, which is nice. Once again thanks for the peer pressure and keeping this forum alive and well. :cheers:

Welcome, and it looks as if you got a very nice GX!!!

Details on that Mercedes and your beer are mandatory. :)

Well that Merc was my unicorn for the longest time. A guy in the Jeep club I was a part of family purchased it new at a local dealer and essentially drove the wheels off of it then let it sit. He was planning on swapping the engine in his YJ. I tried to buy the car for like 3 years to save it from being parted out and finally he just gave it to me, under the guise that i remove it from the field it was in the next day. So i tow my trailer over there jump it and drive it on my trailer, while my wife tries to befriend the cat that took up residence in it. It is far from perfect and I have probably spent way too much money and time on it, but it makes for a cool story.

As for beer I am very much an amateur, I do have some pro brewer friends that work locally who offer assistance. But, its still very much along the lines of the saying "A blind squirrel finds a nut every once in a while". Best to date was a mint chocolate stout that we brewed for Christmas last year.

Welcome, and glad to see another homebrewer. Hit me up if you have any questions on that end. Been brewing since 2002, have won a lot of awards, brewed on pro systems more times than I can remember and even Bob Cannon from Sam Adams judged a contest I won and said he really dug my IPA. Why have I not gone pro? Four kids, stay at home wife, and a 40 hours per week income not likely to be duplicated with a brewing job. Prost!

Well that Merc was my unicorn for the longest time. A guy in the Jeep club I was a part of family purchased it new at a local dealer and essentially drove the wheels off of it then let it sit. He was planning on swapping the engine in his YJ. I tried to buy the car for like 3 years to save it from being parted out and finally he just gave it to me, under the guise that i remove it from the field it was in the next day. So i tow my trailer over there jump it and drive it on my trailer, while my wife tries to befriend the cat that took up residence in it. It is far from perfect and I have probably spent way too much money and time on it, but it makes for a cool story.

As for beer I am very much an amateur, I do have some pro brewer friends that work locally who offer assistance. But, its still very much along the lines of the saying "A blind squirrel finds a nut every once in a while". Best to date was a mint chocolate stout that we brewed for Christmas last year.

Love me some station wagons , always have ... probly why we drive a GX lol bc its an acquired taste ... much like a hoppy beer

that Christmas Stout sounds Brilliant!:beer:

Welcome Sir I admire your taste in life! .... enjoy your new obsession

Welcome, and glad to see another homebrewer. Hit me up if you have any questions on that end. Been brewing since 2002, have won a lot of awards, brewed on pro systems more times than I can remember and even Bob Cannon from Sam Adams judged a contest I won and said he really dug my IPA. Why have I not gone pro? Four kids, stay at home wife, and a 40 hours per week income not likely to be duplicated with a brewing job. Prost!

IPA might be my favorite! ... if there ever is such a thing as extra beer send some my way good man ;)

Made a triple IPA for the National Homebrew Festival in 2014 called F#@k Your Face. Crazy hoppy. For you homebrewers, 21 oz. of hops in a 5 gallon batch. Blew that keg in a hurry. It did want its name says.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom