June 9 th run?! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey bretheren...
I was informed last night that the Missus will have the weekend of June 9th off as her boss will be out of town...
I was wonderin if anyone would be interested in a couple day camp run somewhere to show her what this stuff is all about!
Now, she is a bit squeamish on the trails (i know this from past quading experience) so something SORT OF mild would be good...
Lemme know if any one has ideas!

Chicago

Hey bretheren...
I was informed last night that the Missus will have the weekend of June 9th off as her boss will be out of town...
I was wonderin if anyone would be interested in a couple day camp run somewhere to show her what this stuff is all about!
Now, she is a bit squeamish on the trails (i know this from past quading experience) so something SORT OF mild would be good...
Lemme know if any one has ideas!

Chicago

Just to get a bench mark, would she be okay with Barney Reily?

Yeah, I think so...there was nothing too daunting there...
Hopefully the lift, tires and lockers will help my nerves a bit on the boulder sections...MAN, did I HATE DRAGGING MY SPRING PACKS AROUND!!! I sprouted a new gray hair with every hit!

Chicago

Just to get a bench mark, would she be okay with Barney Reily?

I've never done that trail. I would be up for it as long as there is a minimal chance of body damage.

Jack

I've never done that trail. I would be up for it as long as there is a minimal chance of body damage.

Jack

Jeff (campfire) & I did it last summer and it poses no threat (unless significant run-off to come). Jeff has 33" on his 100 with stock running boards...which did get a bit banged up...but you'll have your sliders by then ;) .

Jeff (campfire) & I did it last summer and it poses no threat (unless significant run-off to come). Jeff has 33" on his 100 with stock running boards...which did get a bit banged up...but you'll have your sliders by then ;) .

Excellent, then we should have no problems making it.

Jack

Nope,
its not that bad. I made it through in my near stock 62, but as I mentioned I was jinglin and a janglein on thos SH*tty sprnig packs, and my tow hitch took some really NASTY hits, to the point even my father-in-law winced! I have NO SLIDERS and that was not even an issue, and I believe you have better clearance than I did at that time!
Im thinkin she's up for a Fri. Sat. through till Sunday run! Barney Riley is a day trip out and back, with an option to camp at the bottom by the springs...
So if anyone wants to do a longer run through the weekend...
Im not so savvy on the trails yet, and you all have the wisdom and experience that I dont....so....

Chicago

We usually do Fordyce around June as a club run. But thats typicaly scheduled for the end of the month.

I could do two runs that month!:bounce: :bounce2: :bounce: :bounce2:

Maybe even avoid the sad puppy eyes when I leave Joanne home for the Fordyce run.

UMMMM...I think there might be some room for you D!

Chicago

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom