June 24-25 2017 Casner Trail (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Oh, and put us both down for camping too!

If you end up with a open spot I'm sure I would go. Last year Friday evening a spot opened up on the FJC club run Saturday and went just because I love this trail. Because of that I gave up.my spot in the fall run. Would really like to make the fall run this year.

If you end up with a open spot I'm sure I would go. Last year Friday evening a spot opened up on the FJC club run Saturday and went just because I love this trail. Because of that I gave up.my spot in the fall run. Would really like to make the fall run this year.

All spots are currently filled with one person who is willing to be bumped for a first timer. Camping is of course open to all. I wish they would allow a few more vehicles per permit. I understand the reasoning they don't though.

All spots are currently filled with one person who is willing to be bumped for a first timer. Camping is of course open to all. I wish they would allow a few more vehicles per permit. I understand the reasoning they don't though.

Not a problem. Can't remember if there was a last minute cancellation two years ago or not. Do remember someone showing up just incase. I almost cancelled at the last minute. I went up to our cabin Friday with the intent of installing a muffler on my FJ62 and heading out Saturday. After getting it installed realized my keys were back in the valley. Headed by to town and took a 4Runner instead. Only been on three runs with the club and always with a 4Runner. Last year I go on a run with the FJC club and take a Land Cruiser.:meh::cheers:

I realize only 10 permits are available, but are there still openings for camping only? And where will the group camp?

I realize only 10 permits are available, but are there still openings for camping only? And where will the group camp?

Yes, camping has no limit. As to where that is yet tbd. That should get ironed out at this months club meet

Thanks! So I assume camping will be in an area where permit is not required?

Thanks! So I assume camping will be in an area where permit is not required?

Yes that is correct! Where the group camp last year was pretty awesome!
I do not think you are allowed to camp in the permit area.

Yes that is correct! Where the group camp last year was pretty awesome!
I do not think you are allowed to camp in the permit area.

That is correct. You are not allowed to do much more then travel thru the trail once you pass thru the gate until out the other gate. The area you camp in is part of Coconino National Forest. No permit is required but has to be on the travel map to allow travel and camping. Travel map is available online.

I am probably in for camping.

With so much interest and limited number of allowed vehicles Casner will be run twice this year. Hopefully this will help those out with scheduling conflicts ect. Run 1 of Casner is being held June 24th and 25th. There is of course 10 vehicles allowed to run the trail. I am taking one and reserving another for a friend from work. Please post if you will be attending this run.

Casner Trail
1. @Dimples
2. John (guest)
3. @verruckt1
4. @Abigail (tentative)
5. @rctoyota
6. @Chrismanjs
7. @Nifski
8. @Captramrod01
9.@Dissent
10.@Devil Cruiser

Camping:
1. @Dimples
2. John (guest)
3. @verruckt1
4. @Abigail
5. @rctoyota
6. @Rudster
7. @Chrismanjs
8. @murf
9. @Nifski
10. @Captramrod01
11. @Saddletramp
12. @Dissent
13. @Devil Cruiser
14. @Clunky
I'm in for camping if there's room

Yes I should have my hardtop on by then:);) Any idea where we are planning on camping?

Ok just keep us campers in the loop-looking forward to meeting everyone;)

I think the directions and coordinates are in the October 2016 run thread

Try:
Latitude: 34° 58’ 41.742” N
Longitude: 111° 48’ 50.328” W

We also found some good camping spots further east on FR 231.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom