Jumping head first (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
good morning all, I'm new to the forum and new to TLC's.

I spent the last year and some trying to hunt down a mystical unicorn (diesel gwagon long wheelbase from the early 90's). A good friend sent me a few reviews to the TLC's and I dropped the gwagon flat on its rear.
That being said I'm a day away from going to see a 96 LC which looks too good to be true and probably is but the price is right. Any general tips or gotchas that I can look out for when kicking the tires, other than that any shops around Ottawa that would be recommended.

thanks in advance
S.

so I'm now the owner of a 96 HJ85, few pictures uploaded, would be great to find some local support through dolling her up.
Driving her back from MTL to Ottawa I found the front wipers are so slow they may as well not work at all, and the rear wiper doesn't do wiper things.

Nice truck, end shots would be nice. Still trying to figure out how that
spare is hanging on. Wiper motor could be needing rebuild. I know road salt really
slows and creates a huge resistance on wiper motors. Pull the wiper arms off the window
like you were going to wash it and see if they speed up? Same with the rear. Might indicate
where you are at.
Can't help as far as local help, I'm on the other end of the country
J

thanks @cruiserpilot
here's a couple of shots front and rear, the spare is bolted to a mount slid into the trailer hitch and locked with a pin and padlock. I took the spare off for now as there is the original spare underneath the rear as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom