July-August 2016 Wheeling Trip Ideas? (1 Viewer)

Where to go?

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

20160725_134506.jpg

Definitely one of the best wheeling trips to date! The capability of the group was incredible, especially after so much thrashing in the weeks leading up to the trip. I love that so many shakedowns occurred 1000 miles from home on Hal John's.

80 made the 15 hour drive home without any issues, other than fuel economy. Averaged 12.6mpg on the drive home, although that technically was up from the 12.2mpg from the drive out.

Didn't get nearly enough pics, but I'll post a few that I did get.

20160724_130229.jpg

20160724_141250.jpg

20160725_141811.jpg

20160725_134650.jpg

Indeed joe! I was getting about 12mpg as well on the way home the truck holds even less gas after this week! Stuff to fix so far:

Need to figure out why my truck pulls to the right so bad after friday.

Need to add more steering fluid capacity and cooling

Need new exhaust

New tcase mount

Need to drop the tank and fix the rear frame rip (think this may be why it pulls to the right)

New tool box

New tailight (no trail damage just taken out by a runaway tow rig....)

Need so air bumps or something up front

Shackle frame end bushings up front are totally wasted, maybe replace them with derlin or something like that.

Need to balance these swampers.

I almost todd'd the front driveshaft, all the bolts were loose on the tcase end, no idea if this was a pre trip oversight or if they loosend on their own on the drive home somehow.

Joe it was definately the drivers rear that was bouncing around not the pax. I had to re rotate the tires in rapid city.

Last edited:
Nice pics, lots of flex going on.

Don't waste your time trying to balance. In fact you would be better off knocking the old weights off and running unbalanced.

I was going to try that first, if that doesnt improve anything i found an airsoft bb chart on pirate. Stupid interco cant make a round tire, you can see one of my rears bouncing down the highway.

Im loving the 5.29s, i can accelerate up hill at 75 in 5th gear now, i never even used 5th with the 33s and 4.10s!

Great pics. Looks like an awesome time.

Looks like fun, nice pics!

Damn good photos!

some of the best wheelin pics and some are even artsy along with some sexy people watching.

Awesomeness!

What an amazing trip. The best people, great place, best wheeling I've had. Thanks guys! It was a group effort!

Just finished the last wheeling day of this three week trip joining the Colorado Toyota jamboree and running holy Cross. Awesome day to wrap up an epic trip. The 4runner has survived it's 3 week, black hills, moab Colorado shake down run! This fireside cocktail tastes a little better than usual!

Just finished the last wheeling day of this three week trip joining the Colorado Toyota jamboree and running holy Cross. Awesome day to wrap up an epic trip. The 4runner has survived it's 3 week, black hills, moab Colorado shake down run! This fireside cocktail tastes a little better than usual!

After that, how do you convince yourself to go to Attica? I'm guessing at that point it is only about the people.

Damn strait! I can't wait to see my homies again.

She is crazy.

We are heading over to the race meeting thing now.