John Deere HIR (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Re:TruView HeadLights

Cary, just wanted to let you (and anyone else who cares) know that I parked next to another 80 series with stock headlamps last night, both trucks idling, and we compared his low beams to mine, now that I've added the bulbs you helped us source, and Slee's harness. Holy cow, what a difference!! I knew they were brighter just driving around, but seeing those lights right next to 'what used to be' made it all that more clear. Thanks again for hooking us up, and if any of the rest of you are on the fence about this my recommendation is to pull the trigger.. money well spent IMO.

I got the JD bulbs in, they fit with a little trimming that even I can do.

THe JD bulbs have the name GE on them.

TruView HeadLights

WOW
That is all that needs to be said about the JD bulbs 8)

Details please... Details

Are these the same bulbs as the group order about a month ago??
Is $57 each or a pair??
Part #'s??
Order telephone #??
Or can I just walk into the local John Deere??

Yes, I'm a newbie ... forgive me.

[quote author=LabRat11 link=board=2;threadid=13910;start=msg133702#msg133702 date=1081265055]
Details please... Details

Are these the same bulbs as the group order about a month ago??
Is $57 each or a pair??
Part #'s??
Order telephone #??
Or can I just walk into the local John Deere??

Yes, I'm a newbie ... forgive me.
[/quote]

Can go to your dealer and order, or do it from their website.

TruView HeadLights

[quote author=TLCObsession link=board=2;threadid=13910;start=msg133168#msg133168 date=1081191265]
Would any 9012 bulb work and put out 1700 lumens or is there something unique about the HIR bulbs?

Jim
[/quote]

The HIR bulbs are unique. Before we did the group order, I checked the local chevy dealer for the Avalanche 9012 bulbs, and found that they are NOT and HIR bulb. Also, the John Deere G.E. Bulbs have been discontinued, they are now made by Harrison Labs (a division of Toshiba). BTW, supposedly the Harrison Bulbs are slightly brighter. I haven't seen them side by side, so I can't say how much brighter.

BTW, the prices is $39 per bulb, so if you do high a low beams you will be out about $160. The low beams make the biggest difference.

Cary

TruView HeadLights

[quote author=cary link=board=2;threadid=13910;start=msg133727#msg133727 date=1081268101]
The HIR bulbs are unique. Before we did the group order, I checked the local chevy dealer for the Avalanche 9012 bulbs, and found that they are NOT and HIR bulb. Also, the John Deere G.E. Bulbs have been discontinued, they are now made by Harrison Labs (a division of Toshiba). BTW, supposedly the Harrison Bulbs are slightly brighter. I haven't seen them side by side, so I can't say how much brighter.

BTW, the prices is $39 per bulb, so if you do high a low beams you will be out about $160. The low beams make the biggest difference.

Cary
[/quote]

I got the bulbs (part #AH162232) from the website for 25.99 per.

JDParts.com

WIll,

I've tried this twice now and come up disappointed each time. Tried again 10 minutes ago. According to our local JD dealers they are not in the JD dealer network. (Yes, I realize that sounds absurd.) The web site "pushes" me to specific dealers and doesn't let me order directly from JD. The 2 dealers in my area sell these for over $31 each and, quite frankly, neither seemed very interested in taking my order and neither would honor the price on the web site.

What's your secret?

-B-

TruView HeadLights

I got the J Deere HIR's (low beams) a few months back and just got the Daniel Stern high beam ones last week.

The one thing I noticed was the different design of the glasspacks in the high beams (Toshiba) vs. the low beams (GE) I already had, and was curious what the Toshiba low beams look like.

Crude drawing of what I have below (cant remember exact wiring of the HIR2 low beam filament, but it's basically like depicted):

[quote author=Beowulf link=board=2;threadid=13910;start=msg133771#msg133771 date=1081274557]
WIll,

I've tried this twice now and come up disappointed each time. Tried again 10 minutes ago. According to our local JD dealers they are not in the JD dealer network. (Yes, I realize that sounds absurd.) The web site "pushes" me to specific dealers and doesn't let me order directly from JD. The 2 dealers in my area sell these for over $31 each and, quite frankly, neither seemed very interested in taking my order and neither would honor the price on the web site.

What's your secret?

-B-
[/quote]

I think that is about what happened with me. I registered and placed the order. The local JD guy emailed me back confirming the order, and I picked them up a day or two later. I think that is BS that they won't honor the website price. The JD dealership here is pretty good. May have something to do with me being in a small rural agricultural town. Or maybe because I bought a mower from them, I don't know. If you'd like, I'd order them for you, but shipping would probably not make it worth while.

The JD bulb I got had GE on it and looked like the GE bulb on the pic above.
Did I get the old JD bulb?

Everyone who has the JD bulb.
What does the bulb look like and say on it?

The JD bulb I got had GE on it and looked like the GE bulb on the pic above.
Did I get the old JD bulb?

Everyone who has the JD bulb.
What does the bulb look like and say on it?

Just did the HIR 1 & 2 from Daniel Stern. here's pics of before and after. Sorry, not the JD bulb. :(

The HIR have a black/brown base the stock (Sylvaina) have grey.

Profile.

And after.

Close up of modified tab.

The John Deere lowbeam lights have GE markings and look like the longest, thinnest of the very creative :D drawings above.
The fellow at Stern lights supplied the information to somebody on this board that GE is no longer making HIR, and that Toshiba is the new supplier. He might be wrong, or he might be right and just very current. Nobody buying from Deere has received anything except GE so far (I bought mine about a month ago, and the local Deere dealer had to order them so they weren't sitting in a local stockroom.)

The 100 series has great high beams, so I only did the low-beam changeout. I'll echoe what Cary said earlier on this thread, the HIR low beams provide a HUGE improvement over stock.

LT
8)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom