JDM brakes (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Howdy everyone,

My 1990 HDJ81 is seriously due for brakes, and I keep getting confused during research on what's compatible. From what I can see, its OEM JDM rotors, pads and calipers. Are domestic US 80 series front pads and rotors the same as the JDM front rotors and pads? Any recommendations on pads with good bite? I know the rear discs on the JDM rear end are a weird size, but I think they are ok and I'm only going to need to replace the pads. Recommendations happily heard on rear pads as well.

thanks in advance

You will have the same front disc setup as a USDM FJ80 (91-92). Just like a USDM early 80 you can upgrade to the larger, later disc brake setup.

Rears are very similar to the USDM FZJ80 (93-97) disc setup, same calipers and pads. Rotors however are not the same and will need to be sourced. If you would like it is a bolt in swap to the FZJ80 rear setup. Just need the backing plates.

I believe Cruiser Outfitters has the correct JDM rear components.

You will have the same front disc setup as a USDM FJ80 (91-92). Just like a USDM early 80 you can upgrade to the larger, later disc brake setup.

Rears are very similar to the USDM FZJ80 (93-97) disc setup, same calipers and pads. Rotors however are not the same and will need to be sourced. If you would like it is a bolt in swap to the FZJ80 rear setup. Just need the backing plates.
Thank you Douglas, bank account crisis parts spree imminent

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom