January 19/20th Wrenching (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hey guys do any of you have any experience re-threading a stripped oil pan plug? I would like to take a look at mine on Saturday.

Hey guys do any of you have any experience re-threading a stripped oil pan plug? I would like to take a look at mine on Saturday.

4480 Baja mission Rd, fallbrook.

Start at 9 saturday

@RET2 welds a mean nut. I'm sure @Phulcrum does too though. Two peas in a pod those two I tell ya.

Another solution would be to drop the pan and install a Fumoto style drain valve with a nut threaded on the inside of pan as that type of valve has a longer threaded portion that intrudes into the pan farther? You wouldn't ever have to unscrew anything to change your oil.

Another solution would be to drop the pan and install a Fumoto style drain valve with a nut threaded on the inside of pan as that type of valve has a longer threaded portion that intrudes into the pan farther? You wouldn't ever have to unscrew anything to change your oil.
Lets take a look at it and see. I will bring new oil. I heard you have to lower the tranny to access the pan...

ok, which day works best for you all? I will probably be out there both days as Randy has a lot to do.

Also, we should divy up the food /beer requirements and such.
I'll bring up some breakfast Burritos

Waayyyy to much info for a Friday morning. Maybe you can answer the access issue seeing as you are in the Hundy Tribe?
Access will depend on what type of Tranny you have... :cool:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom