It's alive....ALIVE!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

sweet ride...can't wait to see more!

do you have any pics/designs you'd be willing to share of the rear bumper build?

and now i know why you're selling your other bumper!

Gotta gets some details and photos of drivetrain. What parts did you use? Mounts, x-member, split case adapter? Please....

Nice job !!
This gotta be the fastest engine swap ever !!!:hillbilly::hillbilly:

Here's a few more shots.
DSC04320.jpg
DSC04333.jpg
DSC04334.jpg

Very nice!

WOW very clean... Make me want to go wash mine... Like the bumper too

Great looking rig!

Nice work on the rig and I love the rear bumper! Well done sir!

now i'm confused, my dad always told me to stay away from the girls with fat ankles! :cool:

Love the v8. I've only put about 250 miles on it since it's been road worthy so i haven't really tested it out. I did drive up the cajon pass and held a steady 70 all the way without even pushing.

newsflash .............world fastest fj60 ..........70mph, lol
sweet ride :d

What shifter did you use for your transmission in the cab? I'm not sure which one to order. Thanks.

Great Lookin Rig

Wow so that's what a lot of drinkin in the garage will get ya. I'm going out tonight and buying a new garage refrigerator!

Great lookin rig! Thanks

Can you provide another picture of crossmember? Is it in the factory location, or moved back and bolted to frame? Details on wiring and computer reprogram?

Thanks

Details on wiring and computer reprogram?

The entire engine harness from the donor GM truck was retained including the computer and fuse block. Only the pertinent Toyota wires are spliced into this (ignition, temp sensor etc.) I still have to sort out the tachometer...haven't decided whether to retrofit an aftermarket one in the stock location or send the stock one out to be rebuilt to read 8 cylinders. Had the computer flashed. I've got a new problem to sort out now. Returning from San Diego yesterday, I started getting misfires and the motor felt like it was starving for fuel. The check engine light was blinking like Rudolf's nose. I finally pulled off the freeway and had the truck towed the rest of the way home to prevent doing any damage. Checked the codes from the computer and only got some miscellaneous emissions faults (bad O2 sensor or similar). I noticed that one plug wire had fallen onto the manifold and melted (wire replaced and misfire solved) and the truck started right up. Drove around the block and the check engine light came on again (this time crank position sensor) but no fuel starvation issue?!? I'm going to change both fuel filters and replace the fuel pump just to see if I've got an intermittent issue there. More to come as I sort this out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom