Issues w/eBay Tail Lights (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Long time lurker but (I think?) first time poster.

I bought some eBay knockoff 06-07-style tail lights and installed them on my 2003 last night. I like the look, but aside from mediocre fitment, they're causing all sorts of issues.

1) turn signals flash too quickly (I basically expected this)
2) Reverse lights flash along with the turn signals, and the R light on my gauge cluster flashes along with them
3) ABS/VSC/Trac lights come on every-other vehicle start
4) When turn signal is on in park, it seems like the transmission/reverse safety switch is engaging by itself based on a super loud clicking coming from the gear selector

Before I decide to cut my losses, pull them from the truck, and send them back, I wondered if any of you all had any ideas on how to fix all these issues? I know I can buy a transistor to fix the quick flashing from the turn signals, but would a transistor fix the other issues too? If so, what transistor should I be buying?

Pic of installed lights attached...thanks in advance.
IMG_0442 JPG.jpg

you get what you pay for....... sorry I do not have any suggestions. Guessing the rapid blinking is due to LEDs and you need resistors to fix

id send them back if i were you....

Disconnect them immediately before you damage something. I bought similar lights and had similar problems. The connector was wired differently than the OEM connector. I was able to rewire it correctly to get everything working properly, but I think the original bad wiring damaged my tail light relay. My lower inner red tailgate lights don't work at all anymore, it doesn't matter whether I have the OEM lights connected or these eBay ones.

Last edited:
Put the original tail lights back in and leave it alone. If you have a broken one find a used one to replace it with. Aftermarket headlights and tail lights are very rarely worth the headaches they cause. Give them a couple of months and they're usually full of water.

Disconnect them immediately before you damage something. I bought similar lights and had similar problems. The connector was wired differently than the OEM connector. I was able to rewire it correctly to get everything working properly, but I think the original bad wiring damaged my tail light relay. My lower inner red tailgate lights don't work at all anymore, it doesn't matter whether I have the OEM lights connected or these eBay ones.
Yeah, I was afraid of this type of thing. I'm likely to just pull them and put the OEMs back on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom