ISO Toyota genius near North GA (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.facebook.com
i have and 85. I need to get the motor rebuilt and dual cases put in.

I can not find a shop to do this in a timely manner.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I want this thing back on the trails!

IMG_6059.JPG

Not sure what you want to take on yourself, but the t-case isn't terribly difficult - just takes some time and attention to detail. With that said and if you are in Dacula, I've used Classic City Offroad in Athens and really like them and they are fairly priced. With that said, they may not be the best choice for motor rebuild. Have you looked into the reman engines on craigslist/elsewhere - this may be the best way to get it quickly up and going?

I heard good things about these guys (also in Athens) and have talked to them a few times about rebuilding my 22r. I never pulled the trigger, but if I recall they wanted ~ $2000 for the rebuild. I have no idea if that's reasonable or not.

http://www.carrollsenginerebuilders.com/

Good luck.

Not sure what you want to take on yourself, but the t-case isn't terribly difficult - just takes some time and attention to detail. With that said and if you are in Dacula, I've used Classic City Offroad in Athens and really like them and they are fairly priced. With that said, they may not be the best choice for motor rebuild. Have you looked into the reman engines on craigslist/elsewhere - this may be the best way to get it quickly up and going?

I heard good things about these guys (also in Athens) and have talked to them a few times about rebuilding my 22r. I never pulled the trigger, but if I recall they wanted ~ $2000 for the rebuild. I have no idea if that's reasonable or not.

http://www.carrollsenginerebuilders.com/

Good luck.
Thank you for the input.

Might check with Peter Merriam. His shop is in Duluth, GA off Buford Hwy. Knows Land Cruisers really well but works on just about anything! I will PM you his cell #. His shop is Merriam Automotive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom