Is There A Way to Remove and Install New Side Cover Plate Gasket W/O Removing Dizzy on a 3FE? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I need to replace the leaky gasket and would rather not remove the dizzy if possible. I don’t want to mess with setting TDC if I don’t have to.

Thanks,
ML

You might be able to do it if you just remove the cap from the dizzy.

Here an article from Steve at Toyota Trails on how to remove and replace with most stuff left in place.

Attachments

• Side Cover Article for TT.pdf
    2.5 MB · Views: 53
last time I did one, I just marked where the rotor was pointing and made certain is was back in the same place when re-installed. no need for TDC

I need to replace the leaky gasket and would rather not remove the dizzy if possible. I don’t want to mess with setting TDC if I don’t have to.

Thanks,
ML
I feel like you are going to want to remove the distributor. It felt like it was kind of a pain lining it all up even and pulling the side cover off even with the dizzy gone. Thos would be especially true with having FIPG on it….

To me I would rather spend a bit more time to gain access. I hate having to redo gaskets…. Which I seem to have to do occasionally even when totally clear. Good luck and keep us posted if you attempt with out the distributor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom