is it possible to determine whether an FJ80 has (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Re: is it possible to determine whether an FJ80 ha

David,

>> P.S.- remind them of this!!!!! push that knife in and twist, baby twist!!! <<

Well, so much for the Win-Win philosophy...  :G

-B-

-B-
Hmmmm,

I wonder what he's thinkin' when he's standing at the parts counter? :dunno:

I guess the key is patience! I will try searching locally for other cruisers. Found a bunch today on autotrader.com and will be checking them out this weekend.

Keep ya'll posted in the future with what I find!

:)

8) CRUISERDAN- parts is parts- and never the twain shall meet. A different breed- It IS possible to have an intellignet conversation there vice 99% of the $ale$men i've met!!!!!! :beer:

Yeah, I'm chiming in late here, but if ya don't like it, lump it :slap: :D.

FYI there are some smart dudes out there figuring things out. A buddy of mine almost got swindled 'cause someone put the OEM switch in there and posted the pic on ebay - very misleading. Also, a guy from LSLC had an 80 without lockers, bought one on ebay with lockers - swapped axles and resold the one without - of course they were different years and it sounds like the guys that did the work really f'ed it up big time - after all, one was an OBDII harness and one wasn't etc - read mega problems that don't easily go away.

BUYER BEWARE. :dunno:

junk, that's a scary story, how did he figure it out? I noticed when I was shopping that one or two for sale on eBay had photos of locker switches but no mention of lockers as a feature. It made me suspicious since anyone who knew enough to specifically photograph the lockers would be expected to trumpet it to the heavens in the text. On the other hand, many trying to buy one cheap is unlikely to confirm it if he thinks the seller missed it... taking advantage of the buyer's greed is how the best swindles work...

The seller wasn't as far away as he'd have liked to have been. :eek:

It's amazing the response that Angry Junk can get when he shows up with scammed buddy. :eek: :eek: :slap: :slap: :slap: :slap: :slap: :slap: :slap:

We actually got his money back plus a nice incentive. :D

The moral of the story is:

Use Pair-O-Dice's axle code info, PM the vin to me and take a buddy who is not "love struck" with you to look it over........... :slap:

"Went to bed at 2 with a 10 and woke up at 10 with a 2"

ok junk, now i want to hear more details of this story. your friend bought it then took it back and got his money back from the scammer? -- that is very impressive... My dad used to own and rent a couple of old houses and to collect overdue rent he would just show up at the door with two guys who worked for him that were ex-nco's in the British army. Those guys were the best I've ever seen at the scary dude act. Very polite. Never said anything threatening, but the rent always got paid.

welcome back by the way - good to see you are over the SARS

I'd pass on even looking at any vehicle that's not in running condition. :) $17K is high for a non-running vehicle. I've even seen a '99 UZJ100 w/ 120K miles in So. CA for $20K! Newer vehicles like this w/ high miles basically are like new.

I've haven't been able to find any 98's and > for less than $25k on the east coast. Looked around this weekend at a dealer and found an fj80 for $18k with 83k miles on the odo which looked rather sketchy because the numbers were all scratched up - so I was assuming it was rolled back. &nbsp:Dealer wasn't willing to work out any low numbers so I lost interest.

Yesterday I found a green 95' TLC in the paper which I will check out later tonight and post pictures: 99k miles, 1 owner, garage kept asking $15,500, new tires, just detailed, and owner will have it inspected ready to go and sounds as if he is willing to negotiate even more. It looks promising. :D

bdac - that 95 sounds like it's more up your alley. Price still seems high, but if he's a good dude and is working with ya on everything else, nothing wrong with a little extra flash to get something good.

I agree with Junk, the 95 sounds like a better deal, with no funny business involved, or travel to look at what might turn out to be a total POS. Let us know.

-H-

BDAC- i recommend you keep looking. I bought a '96 w/ 43,000 miles in october for 19k in New Jersey. Fully loaded lockers / leather / trans lock / phone / etc. I was actually looking for another one recently and found some interesting 80's on Autotrader in NJ. Good Luck

Dami

Checked out the 95' TLC with 99k miles yesterday and looked good considering the mileage. Paint still glossy, no swirl marks. Engine ran fine, no noticable smoke coming out of the exhaust. Tranny and engine oil clean. New tires, and new front brakes. All the power'd amenities work. 1 owner who is a Physician and garage kept. He is asking $15,500 but I haven't given him an offer just yet. Oh, and no lockers so I'll have to use the LX when roamin' thru mud.

side view

rear hatch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom