Is anyone using alternative coolants ? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My previous fleet experience with Shell ELC showed longer life of all of the cooling system parts and less issues with aluminum engine parts. I was thinking of converting my LC over. Any issues ? Any reason why I have to have Toyota coolant ? TIA

Evans Coolant is a chemical non water coolant. I ran it in my 12HT but unfortunately it gels at
lower temps ~ -20C and would not flow properly through my Webasto coolant heater.
The good is it never needs replacing. It has a boiling temp of 375’F and because of its chemical composition does not cavitate around cylinder walls in the engine so no hot spots. If not for the fact I go to the
Arctic I’d still have it in my truck. It really is good stuff, and actually works really well with modern components and aluminum radiators. Anyhow, as you can see I like the stuff, and it expensive but still cheaper than coolant swaps over the life of a vehicle.

One potential issue from my experience is it being quite difficult to fully flush the rear heater core. Or at least that was the case from the heater T’s in the engine bay.

Otherwise I haven’t heard of issues with aluminum parts and toyota coolant at all. but if this stuff makes the water pump last longer maybe it’s worth the extra work to install..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom